Best TP motor for a max6? if any at all..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dauransx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I run a V2 Kraton with a Max6 with a killmode 35v 6pack cap pack along with a 6s panther and im wanting to know which TP motor is solid on speed/power while not overheating the motor and ESC just doing for fun grass shredding. Summer heat is a big factor on temps obviousl ...

I'm looking at many motors but i have no idea, looking at the TP 4260-CM 2080kv but no idea... I hear the Neu motors are better and much easier on ESC's and lipo's at the same KV's and much more speed and power. I'm just looking for a crazy grass shredder with instant power and speed and my HS 1480kv 26/50 and diffs 60k100k60k is quite weak and slow. Oh and using Proline 40 series trenchers with braided lines.

I asked this question once but i did not get the answers i was looking for, just "gear up" but gearing up is not an option at this point because 26t pinion is max and the motor will not handle higher gearing as is. I
i'm guessing the 4260-CM is way faster and powerful then the HS 1480kv. The 4070s seems like the answer to power and speed but im sure they will kill the Max6 and or make runs really short...

Just starting with this for information sake (not stating anyone here) - Castle motors have really muddied people's understanding of motors. Each of their offerings is a different can size. So relating a 2640kv castle is not apples to apples comparing to a castle 2200kv (1512 motor vs 1515)

Onto helpful info:
1. Lower KV motor will always run cooler and pull less amps at the cost of reduced speed (unless you gear up) compared to the same can motor with a higher kv.
2. (Wye) Y wind motors pull less amps and tend to have a more linear power band versus (Delta) D winds. (less amps = less heat)
3. In general a larger motor will generate more torque with less heat assuming all else is equal compared to a smaller can motor.
4. TP Power and Neu offer vented can motors that greatly reduce heat at the cost of dust/dirt entering the motor.
5. Neu offers motors with built in fans as a custom build if you can fit the excessive extra length.

Neu vs TP is a difficult debate. The guys who race RC boats have recently moved away from Neu and often run TP Motors.

-Liberty

Max6 is all i got and not looking to get a max5. Looking for a compatible TP motor for it thats better then what i got. Holding what lil money i have for the dream they will pop out a 1:5th ish arrma MT.
Then don't look at Neu motors. $$$$$$

Max6 is all i got and not looking to get a max5. Looking for a compatible TP motor for it thats better then what i got. Holding what lil money i have for the dream they will pop out a 1:5th ish arrma MT.

Def feel something around the 1/7-1/5 is on the cards either an X-Maxx or UDR competitor!

On currently waiting on my first TP motor to be made, I’ve gone for a sensored 4250 (2100kv)

I looked into TP, Neu & Cordova (found the Lehner site far to annoying to navigate and little trustable feedback)

Cordova didn’t really offer what I was looking for so left TP vs Neu, going over reviews/feedback and it’s time line I’d say either Neu and dropped the ball slightly or TP have upped their game as in most areas the tables have turned and more are using TP’s offerings.

But let’s be honest there isn’t anything cutting edge one is doing over the other in theory there’s no dark art to brushless motors just quality of the materials and workmanship.

Go with what suits your needs and budget ??

Oh unless you look at cool factor ? and then for me it’s TP all day ??

Last edited:
Nah, i can get the Neu 1527 1500kv for $170 local used which i know works fine because i seen the guy run it in person. I want to cross all bridges first before i buy something. Def had no plan to spend $300 on a motor plus a max5 or even a max5 alone, makes no sense to turn my max6 into a paper weight. Just looking for a list of proven TP motors that pares well with the Max6 and there's no reason why none shouldn't exist.
Def feel something around the 1/7-1/5 is on the cards either an X-Maxx or UDR competitor!

On currently waiting on my first TP motor to be made, I’ve gone for a sensored 4250 (2100kv)

I looked into TP, Neu & Cordova (found the Lehner site far to annoying to navigate and little trustable feedback)

Cordova didn’t really offer what I was looking for so left TP vs Neu, going over reviews/feedback and it’s time line I’d say either Neu and dropped the ball slightly or TP have upped their game as in most areas the tables have turned and more are using TP’s offerings.

But let’s be honest there isn’t anything cutting edge one is doing over the other in theory there’s no dark art to brushless motors just quality of the materials and workmanship.

Go with what suits your needs and budget ??

Oh unless you look at cool factor ? and then for me it’s TP all day ??
Thats why im leaning to TP. Def will never own a Traxxass and i did want a Losi SRR or the DBXLE or even a Cen reeper with 8s upgrades.

Nah, i can get the Neu 1527 1500kv for $170 local used which i know works fine because i seen the guy run it in person. I want to cross all bridges first before i buy something. Def had no plan to spend $300 on a motor plus a max5 or even a max5 alone, makes no sense to turn my max6 into a paper weight. Just looking for a list of proven TP motors that pares well with the Max6 and there's no reason why none shouldn't exist.

Thats why im leaning to TP. Def will never own a Traxxass and i did want a Losi SRR or the DBXLE or even a Cen reeper with 8s upgrades.

A 1527 would be great. is it a Y wind? What is keeping you from jumping on that? ($340.00 motor for $170.00 seems like a deal)

Otherwise I'd say 4060 or 4070 with a Y-wind somewhere in the 1800KV ball park give or take a little.

-Liberty

Last edited:

I like the finned can option on the 4260!
The only concern I have is the M3 mounting screws and 6 bolt pattern. Hopefully it would fit the Arrma motor mount?

There is the "build your own" option with TP Power, but you wont have that motor for 4 to 6 months.... trust me!

The only concern I have is the M3 mounting screws and 6 bolt pattern. Hopefully it would fit the Arrma motor mount?

There is the "build your own" option with TP Power, but you wont have that motor for 4 to 6 months.... trust me!

Don’t remind me ?

Yeah 2 weeks is a long time as is lol. I use the HR sliding motor mount so no idea if its any different with the mount holes. I do know the HS 1480kv holes did not line up with the stock mount but it did with the HR. I had to scrape the mount holes on the stock mount to get the screws in all the way and i used the teeth on the pliers to file it down lol. im a noob with no tools that uses what i can lol.

A D-wind wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if you order one of those... they are just known to pull more amps and the feel is a bit more "punchy" on the throttle response.
The Max6 will take it just fine, it just might pull power down when trying to do long run of full throttle.

A D-wind wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if you order one of those... they are just known to pull more amps and the feel is a bit more "punchy" on the throttle response.
The Max6 will take it just fine, it just might pull power down when trying to do long run of full throttle.

I can attest to the “punchy” feeling with the tp 4250cm 3200kv 4d wind in my typhon GT8LE versus the tp 4070cm 2200kv 4d wind in my Kraton.

The MAX6 will power down if you pull too much current for too long. And it doesn't take long!:)

Quick question, would you not just be better off with the Max6 combo with the HW4985 motor..??

For general bashing surely a TP motor would be over kill..?

Last edited:
Quick question, would you not just be better off with the Max6 combo with the HW4985 motor..??

For general bashing surely at TP motor would be over kill..?
That new HS motor is too fat but washers under the mount would fix that i guess but overkill is what i want. Plus people saying the new HS motors are less power then the leopards of the same size. I want overkill for what the Max6 can handle.

That new HS motor is too fat but washers under the mount would fix that i guess but overkill is what i want. Plus people saying the new HS motors are less power then the leopards of the same size. I want overkill for what the Max6 can handle.
I believe the new Limitless/Infraction motor mount could also be a method to fit 49mm motors

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back