Typhon Best Typhon v5 6s handset?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys what’s a a good handset for the typhon?

I only have the stock/one:
Spektrum ™ SLT3™ 2.4GHz 3-Channel Radio.
Can somebody suggest/recommend one that does not lag… and that compatible with the typhon v5 6s.
I would assume the handset would also come with a receiver? So I need to make sure than can fit into the receiver housing box.
thanks for your time guys

Can I just buy the handset on its own? Or will I have to get the receiver too?
Can I somehow sync a new handset to the current/stock receiver?
cheers

Spektrum is not typically compatible with other brands, and their receivers are insanely expensive for what they are. Radiolink RC6GS V2, $80, comes with a gyro receiver 7ch, more features than spektrum radio gear, and additional receivers can be from $12 to $20 depending on features

Isn't the ESC that lags with arrmas? Rather than the receiver.

I'm no expert - just what I've read.

I run mine with the Noble NB4. Loving it and def best handset for the money. Comparable to the 500+ dollar one's no joke

Dumborc with gyro for bashing
Radiolink with dual antenna for speedruns
DumbOrc is too twitchy for bashing, and doesn't have a ton of the awesome options the Radiolink has. For a little bit more the radiolink is at least 4x the radio the DumbOrc is.

Hey guys what’s a a good handset for the typhon?

I only have the stock/one:
Spektrum ™ SLT3™ 2.4GHz 3-Channel Radio.
Can somebody suggest/recommend one that does not lag… and that compatible with the typhon v5 6s.
I would assume the handset would also come with a receiver? So I need to make sure than can fit into the receiver housing box.
thanks for your time guys
I have the RC4gs and the RG6gs both have worked flawlessly. I do not use the gyro's for bashing. Additional receivers are inexpensive as well.

DumbOrc is too twitchy for bashing, and doesn't have a ton of the awesome options the Radiolink has. For a little bit more the radiolink is at least 4x the radio the DumbOrc is.
I agree, but the radiolink recievers are very fragile. Pinch an antenna an there done.ive went throu 3.1 was from a hard crash.other 2 petty $hit ,if it didn't have the range I would use them

If I got this:
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/spektrum-dx5c-smart-5ch-transmitter-only-443308

will it be compatible with the stock typhon ESC?
how do I sync it to the RX?
Thanks

F6AB3E31-9A23-474C-9A13-786A3DC9C58A.png

That is the stock Receiver, not the stock ESC. The stock ESC will be compatible with the receiver that comes with any pistol type transmitter.

FYI, I have run the DX5C next to the Radiolink RC6GS V2 for 1/2 the price, and the DumbOrc at 1/4 the price, and of the three, the Radiolink easily has the best features and hand feel, and I would take the DX5C last of the three.

I’m using the Dumborc 4ch on my Typhon. Works great, easy setup, and cheap price.

B75566BE-A725-4871-BACA-1451C5C871E7.jpeg

Why would I want bigger tires, these are big enough.

Back