Typhon Best upgrades for typhon 3s blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StsStorm

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm ordering an Arrma Typhon but i don't know which upgrades would be necessary or good to have with it. The only thing I'm ordering now are some paddle tires for it.

Thanks.

man, you will love the arrma.... i just got a senton and love it way more than the slash... the typhon is even better...what area do you live in?

man, you will love the arrma.... i just got a senton and love it way more than the slash... the typhon is even better...what area do you live in?
California, yea im just starting to get in the hobby i was looking for my next rc to buy which was gonna be the rustler 4x4 vxl but i saw in another post that people were recommending the senton so i began searching info about it but then someone else recommended me the typhon over the senton and i really liked the look of it so i think thats whats im gonna order

are you in northern or southern cali? if you are around any type of jump park the typhon was a great choice...they are a very versatile car...

watch this

Northern and yea there are a few rc tracks around here but the only thing that worries me a bit was the front shock towers on it, i saw on a video that the parts were gonna start supplying mid february so thats good, also saw that rocks would get stuck in the steering links but people said it doesn't damage it just shake them off, haven't had any of that so i don't know if it would damage it

I have a Slash VXL also and once I got on the Arrma stuff, I was surprised at how durable. If you're used to buying parts to replace breakages, you'll find that your new vehicle really doesn't need any necessary upgrades out of the box.
I knew when I bought my Slash that I would need to buy upgrades ahead of time just to get it to run safe enough to make some jumps. I can absolutely abuse my Arrma vehicles now in ways I never thought possible coming from the Traxxas as my first model.
You're in good shape with any of the newer 1:10 4x4 BLX 3s models or 1:8 6s models.

If you do want to upgrade, I'd get the Hot Racing motor mount and try a bigger pinion for more speed but certainly not necessary out of the box. The video posted above is all I would do but not until it started breaking. He did the steering knuckles ($30) but he also really sends his vehicles and may not be necessary ever unless you want to blast it huge.

If you do want to upgrade, I'd get the Hot Racing motor mount and try a bigger pinion for more speed but certainly not necessary out of the box. The video posted above is all I would do but not until it started breaking. He did the steering knuckles ($30) but he also really sends his vehicles and may not be necessary ever unless you want to blast it huge.
Yeah i was looking at those steering knuckles, was thinking it would be a good purchase later on

Anyone know if the Pro Line MX28s on F-11 will bolt right up without hex extensions? No issues with hub clearance or body rub?

Anyone know if the Pro Line MX28s on F-11 will bolt right up without hex extensions? No issues with hub clearance or body rub?
there is another thread where someone installed them no issues. Mince sho up tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.

fit like a glove

Attachments

• typhonn badlands1.jpg
    typhonn badlands1.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 405
  • typhonn badlands2.jpg
    typhonn badlands2.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 397
If your fitting 2.8's to that buggy, then you bought the wrong rig. Those tires totally ruin the buggy, raise temps, mess with the handling and turn into pizza cutters at high speed. Put a set of Badland buggy tires on there and watch the fun factor increase X10. Handles so well, grips and corners great, plain awesome.

2.8's - Get a Granite, outcast ect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back