Best value 10th scale basher 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Size wise, there isn't a ton of difference between a 6s outcast and the larger "1/10" scale 4s stuff IMO. The kaiju is basically the same size as the maxx and the MT410 with backflip LPs (all these are slightly smaller than the 6s outcast). if you don't want a MT410 for size, then you wouldn't want a Maxx or kaiju, etc. for the same reason.
Thus, in reference to everything "smaller":

I'll restate by saying there aren't many "true 1/10" scale bashers that can run 4s out of the box.
Next size down (smaller) would be Arrma 3s BLX like granite or big rock, traxxas stampede/slash/rustler, Team associated MT10, etc. None of which are 4s capable out of the box. Maybe i'm missing an option?

the 4s kraton is basically the same size as the 6s kraton. I'm guessing the outcast 4s v2 would have similar size to the kaiju then.
View attachment 243194
Maybe 4 s outcast then. Because i think it is shorter. But have heard they break a lot

If all you care about is value, then the Sketer is the winner. But there's a lot of other stuff at least as important IMO.

Maybe 4 s outcast then. Because i think it is shorter. But have heard they break a lot
The 4s outcast is built on the big rock frame. It is wider and built much better then the big rock in my opinion.

I have heard the Maxx is extremely tough. I have the Granite, tons of fun but reliability may take some tweaking to get to a stable point.

The Senton 3s BLX on the other hand wow... It is sooo fun, takes a beating and keeps on ticking. Since it shares many parts with the other 3s line I am guessing the smaller tires and short course body keep it safer.

We have raced them, and figure breakage is well overdue.. just waiting.. ;). Stock tires are terrible on pavement (only last a couple runs), since its short course you will want a hair net or some scorched fenders to keep debris out. If you land on the roof don't gas it, it will diff out and turn the tire into a disk and hit the body and explode.

Last edited:
I have heard the Maxx is extremely tough. I have the Granite, tons of fun but reliability may take some tweaking to get to a stable point.

The Senton 3s BLX on the other hand wow... It is sooo fun, takes a beating and keeps on ticking. Since it shares many parts with the other 3s line I am guessing the smaller tires and short course body keep it safer.

We have raced them, and figure breakage is well overdue.. just waiting.. ;). Stock tires are terrible on pavement (only last a couple runs), since its short course you will want a hair net or some scorched fenders to keep debris out. If you land on the roof don't gas it, it will diff out and turn the tire into a disk and hit the body and explode.
The Maxx is a solid truck, it definitely takes a beating and comes out unscathed most of the time. I only run it on 4S. My stock ESC died after a couple years but that was about it.

The Maxx v2 is almost as long as the Kraton now.

If you want something smaller, why not get a 3s truck and run it on 2s?

I built a 2WD Senton blx out of spare parts and a couple things off Jenny's and it's a blast on 2s. Perfect for backyard antics. 3s is too much it just spins out if you grab too much throttle (read: ANY)

So a Senton BLX gets my vote. Run it 2wd or 4wd. Could even get a 4s esc off of Jenny's down the road and then just turn the radio down to 50- 75%. Get a light power boost and longer run times.

The 3s motor is surprisingly capable on 4s as long as there's a half decent fan on it.

Nothing else in the 3s or 4s line is worth it. It costs too much to jump and bash them even moderately long term. See my or anyone else's build thread. $$$$$$$$$$ 😂

I threw 3.8s on my Granit-Cast again for the first time in a long time. It was an amazing 6 minutes. And then I was reminded why it has Mojave tires now and doesn't jump.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back