Kraton BEST waterproof fastest strongest steering servo??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidartanks

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm tired of the sloppy slow steering.
Going to upgrade my Kraton servo

What is recommended here ?
Servo and servo horn or ??

Thanks

Stock is 208oz and .16 sec...

I was looking at savox 1210sg
It's 277oz and and .15speed at 6.0V

Doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade or is it ?

Just looking at being able to turn a little sharper while going 15mph or so.

I have trencher x tires too

I'm about to place an order on a hitec...

Hrc36840 is the part number.

A bit more than the one you mentioned, $99... 333oz & 0.14 speed. Titanium gears, waterproof.

A bit more than the one you mentioned, $99... 333oz & 0.14 speed. Titanium gears, waterproof.

Thanks that actually sounds so much better. Faster and stronger.

It that thefastest strongest you've came across

Is it a big difference from the stock one to the savox ?

Servo saver ...not really needed with aftermarket servo ?

I noticed a difference when I upgraded and I noticed just as big of a difference when I tightened the servo saver. I tightened mind about 2 turns because I noticed the servo turning but the wheels weren't turning

Back to the question about if there are stronger/faster.. yeah, there are.. torque ratings at 500oz+, speed down in the 0.08-0.09 ratings. Spektrum has a few nice ones in the 6200 series. I almost went with the spektrum 6250.. same price as the hitec I mentioned.. but some sites say waterproof and some don't. The Spektrum site does, but my lhs has them and it doesn't mention anywhere on the box with the other characteristics. Xpert also has some really good ones. But I set my price limit at $100; the hitec was about the best combo I could find of torque/speed and being waterproof. Plus most of the reviews I've read on it are fairly positive.

I'm pretty new to the hobby.. so I highly recommend doing your own research as opposed to taking my word, but I saw your question and noticed the specs on the savox vs. the hitec so I thought I would share.

Have fun, be well..

What about an ACE DS 1015,only water resistant though,but I've had one in my 1/8th buggy for 5 years now, running in all weathers with no ill effects. 201.4oz torque/0.108 transit.

just replaced my stock servo yesterday with same.Seems to respond good... i will use new one from arrma on typhon. that doesn't take that much of beatin..

Actually no. The stock servo AT 6v is only 194oz/in. I don't know why Arrma keeps advertising it at 7.2v when the ESC can't even be programmed to run the BEC at 7.2v.

I'm looking into the Savox SW-1210SG as well and also the RCgearshop DMC 250 (331oz/in, .16@6v). The only issue with the RCgearshop is that it's not waterproof..

I went and tried to order this 1 but they said it's too big for my outcast

I just get whatever servo fits my needs regardless if it's waterproof or not. If not, then I just waterproof it myself.
You can do up to three things to waterproof them yourself.
  1. Put either a Corrosion X type of coating on the green board or a conformal coat to seal the green board to prevent moisture from contacting the green board.

2. Pack the upper part of the servo with grease (I use a Moly based grease), so water can't leak into the servo at the opening for the gear to servo arm.

3. Coat the entire servo with Plasti Dip, so no water can get through the nooks and cracks in the servo.
I used to do all three things, but have only done the last two for the last 5 servos I have waterproofed, they work great and it was easy to do.
I have never had any issues with heat or anything else.
I am running the Trencher X's on my Kraton too without issue. I have the Savox 1270TG in both my Kraton and MT410 and it's a beast in both rigs.

I've been really happy with my Savox 1210sg.

In fact mine may be for sale soon (along with the rest of my Kraton), if you're interested?

I have a savox 1276tg in my Kraton, 277oz and it is not powerful for my taste. I think it should be able to turn the wheels all the way on a smooth surface. I ordered the 1270tg and will install this weekend. I wish I had just gone big to begin with!

Is it a big difference from the stock one to the savox ?

Servo saver ...not really needed with aftermarket servo ?
Servo savers are always needed. All servos can be broken. The life will be greatly shortend if they are always taking shock from repeated blows.

I have a savox 1276tg in my Kraton, 277oz and it is not powerful for my taste. I think it should be able to turn the wheels all the way on a smooth surface. I ordered the 1270tg and will install this weekend. I wish I had just gone big to begin with!
I mean I had the savox SC 1256 TG servo and upgraded to the SV 1270 TG servo. I got the new servo in and love the high torque, but I did want to mention that when I took the old one off there was a lot of binding in the steering system. The old servo was doing a better job than I thought, it just needed to be freed up! The red nut, I guess you could call it that, that tightens against the pillow ball was slightly too tight and was binding up the steering and front suspension. Just a fyi for something to check if the steering doesn't seem to be working right.

what are the thoughts of this one?
Sanwa/Airtronics ERB-861
have one bought for a nitro truck and never used it yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back