Senton Best way for removing tire from rim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I have seen too many vids and none of them really say whats the best method. So now im stuck with my new tires and don't know what to do! Some one plz reply with some advice and experienced tips

The video of the person using a light to heat up the glue is the most interesting to me. My wife would kill me if she knew I used her stove...

There is the stove method. I did it and it worked but kitchen smell was not pleasant. I think others soak in acetone or something similar but search that first before attempting to ensure its performed correctly. Not sure if a heat gun would work but that might be an option.

Bake them off. That worked well for me. Low and slow is the best way. Keep checking and flipping them every 10 mins or so. They tire bead will eventually break free cleanly. It will stink up the house for a day. It will smell like a tire shop.

I cut everything away until it’s just the bead left, a bit of acetone, let it sit for a few mins and they should peel right out.

Im thinking a hairdryer or a heat. My dad can get a heat gun from work since he is an Electrical engineer. I want to do it in the garage with the door open. Does that work?
Also I want to save the foam since anything to do with rc's in canada is expensive

Im thinking a hairdryer or a heat. My dad can get a heat gun from work since he is an Electrical engineer. I want to do it in the garage with the door open. Does that work?
You stand a chance of melting the wheel with direct high heat. You would be better off buying a cheap toaster oven from Walmart and using that outside one tire at a time.

What if I cut the tire a little and ripped the beed off! Ik thats dumb but I kind of want to experiment.
@jondilly1974 Do u print out ur own parts with ur 3d printer?
Yes some parts. Usually things like a GPS holder or side skirts.

Would a toaster oven be suitable for this? I haven't attempted this before but if I do eventually I would not be looking forward to smelling up my house and oven for days with chemical smell. My thoughts would be a toaster oven with a good temp controller and do it in my garage with the doors open.

Would a toaster oven be suitable for this? I haven't attempted this before but if I do eventually I would not be looking forward to smelling up my house and oven for days with chemical smell. My thoughts would be a toaster oven with a good temp controller and do it in my garage with the doors open.
It’s just a small oven. I would think it would work fine

Thats what i have read online 350 degres F i think it was for 10mins maybe i overcooked them?? but the tire still has no issue
Yeah rubber can take that no problem, but ABS needs to stay under 300F for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back