Kraton Best way to clean my kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freedom556

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just covered it in mud on accident and I don't know how to go about cleaning it. I'm assuming using a hose would be bad even though it "waterproof"?

I just covered it in mud on accident and I don't know how to go about cleaning it. I'm assuming using a hose would be bad even though it "waterproof"?
If it's stock or your electronics are waterproof, just hose it down! I use Simple Green or a mild degreaser to soak it then spray it off. Let dry, then WD40 everything! Then re-oil your bearings/motor and you're good!?

Do you want the "best" way or the quickest and easiest?
Because the best way to get it clean and looking like the day you pulled it out of the box, is to completely take it apart and clean, inspect and/or replace anything worn or broken.

Expect it to take 20-25hrs your first time but gets considerably quicker once you're able to figure out time saving methods along with becoming familiar with each and every piece and how it functions.

If it's stock or your electronics are waterproof, just hose it down! I use Simple Green or a mild degreaser to soak it then spray it off. Let dry, then WD40 everything! Then re-oil your bearings/motor and you're good!?
So if I have stock electronics I can use a shower head to clean it off? I'm just nervous cause I don't know how water proof the electronics are.

So if I have stock electronics I can use a shower head to clean it off? I'm just nervous cause I don't know how water proof the electronics are.
You'll be fine. I know you'll remove the battery so I won't mention. Try not to aim water right at your esc and motor but don't be afraid.
Mainly just make sure she's dry and compressed air can help.
The WD-40 will displace water and preserve the majority...just be sure to get some oil in your bearings and anywhere metal to metal after it dries well. Dry it well.
Give it time to dry and then run it again. Dry it everywhere or electronics could have more tendency to fail and rust is a thing.
You'll be fine with water but I like to be able to pinpoint where I spray ...so the Little Big Shot I mentioned is great for me.
I mentioned "dry" so many times because I feel this is key. :)

Do you want the "best" way or the quickest and easiest?
Because the best way to get it clean and looking like the day you pulled it out of the box, is to completely take it apart and clean, inspect and/or replace anything worn or broken.

View attachment 30075

Expect it to take 20-25hrs your first time but gets considerably quicker once you're able to figure out time saving methods along with becoming familiar with each and every piece and how it functions.

Wow. Some patience you have .

I’ve watched several videos on cleaning moving parts and they keep using brake cleaner which I understand does the job but it’s pretty toxic stuff over time
For firearms we use Gun Scrubber which is more expensive but far less toxic over time and does a comparable job.
Anyone else use this or something similar as opposed to brake cleaner?

I'm a bit disappointed at how many places are screws into plastic. I can't see them taking a lot of on and off, without eventually stripping.

So I ended up just ri sing it off with the shower head on a low pressure setting... everything seems fine except my ESC fan is toast...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back