Kraton Best way to clean our RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I got done bashing at a soccerfield and my RC's are completely CAKED with dirt and dust.

Does water damage the RC (bearings and what not)?

Whats the best way to clean these? I cant fit my fingers in between all these tiny parts.

I got done bashing at a soccerfield and my RC's are completely CAKED with dirt and dust.

Whats the best way to clean these? I cant fit my fingers in between all these tiny parts.
Hose it off with clean water, then use compressed air to "dry" as much as possible and store upside down for a little while ;)

Take a look at the following thread, How do you clean your RC?

I used cheap dollar store paint brushes to remove loose debris.I Cover the esc with plastic and a rubber band. Then use a soft brush with a few drops off dish soap. Flip over on a towel let it drip dry for a few minutes. Then a paper towel for smaller areas. Doesn't have to be 100% dry. I don't have an air comprsor , that would be ideal for drying.

Simple Green diluted with water. Spray it on and let it do it’s magic for a few minutes. Then blow it all off with an air compressor. Then spray everything down with silicone based spray and blow that off with air too.

When I’ve used a hose and sprayed my rigs with water, as hard as I’ve tried to get them dry with air, bearings always get crunchy. No more hose for me other than tires and bodies off the car. Main parts of the car get no water directly.

I suppose it really depends on how clean you're looking to get the rig. If you're just trying to get the dirt off water, maybe even a gentle soap but if you want "fresh out of the box clean" then what Woodie posted is the path...I used to deep clean now I just spray, air off and set upside down. Then replace parts as they wear out ;)

If you don't have an air compressor there is a cheap alternative. Google Electric Air Duster and pick up one of these or one like it. I use one for various things and they are REALLY powerful (seriously powerful). Great for blowing grit and dust from your car or drying it after washing.

61GPMx8vFiL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I do not need out of box clean, I just want to be able to work on it and my allen keys to go into the screwheads (packed with dirt)
What I do is take a pick and loosen the dirt in a screw head and then blast it with my air compressor. I do that before even trying to put a hex in there.

I do not need out of box clean, I just want to be able to work on it and my allen keys to go into the screwheads (packed with dirt)
If it's really dirty I'd suggest a bath. If it's just dirt in the screw heads I'm with @jondilly1974 on picking it out. You can use literally anything, I like toothpicks but tend to use whatever is close and fits for scraping out the holes ;)

Paint brush an shop vac on blow mode with reducer on end.works good for me.
What I do is take a pick and loosen the dirt in a screw head and then blast it with my air compressor. I do that before even trying to put a hex in there.
Here's my hex cleaner lmao.works great.BIT CORNY HUH

Attachments

• 16001208461451965488920421952379.jpg
    16001208461451965488920421952379.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
If you don't have an air compressor there is a cheap alternative. Google Electric Air Duster and pick up one of these or one like it. I use one for various things and they are REALLY powerful (seriously powerful). Great for blowing grit and dust from your car or drying it after washing.

View attachment 99916
These work great and not super ??.

1) Hose off excess dirt
2) Spray on some mild cleaner (no degreaser, or anything that is corrosive)
3) Hose off cleaner, use a toothbrush or any brush to get in between tight spaces
4) Here's the controversial part. The use of WD40. I use it becasue it displaces water. At the same time, it is destructive, and can mess up electronics. So I use it sparringly, to spray the entire rig down, keeping the can about 30cm away while spraying (not using any nozzle add ons, but rather just the defacto nozzle for dispersed spraying). Objective is to have a light coating of WD 40 all round. Wipe off any excess

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back