Best way to contact Horizon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Mom always said "Drive like a Maniac"
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Granite Grom
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
What the fastest way to to get in touch with Horizon. I have a new Typhon 3s and after running 2 1/2 packs the spur gear ate it self and I believe the motor bearing are shot as well, after looking around I saw others were having the same problem.
spur.jpg

Last time I contacted them was March 10 (before the WHO declared a pandemic) but I didn't hear back until Mar 19 (I think between those dates, they were starting to scale back on support staff). Phone should be much quicker if you are able to get through.

I had a good experience contacting them by phone -quick response and resolved my issue -best of luck!

Is this really worth the time to call them for a $5 part tho? Not hating on ya, but my time is more valuable than that. ??‍♂️✌?

Is this really worth the time to call them for a $5 part tho? Not hating on ya, but my time is more valuable than that. ??‍♂️✌?
That's just the spur, the motor bearing(s) is also gone, I can wiggle the pinion back and forth and it makes a bad clicking sound.

With what is going on, I would write a nice email, include some pictures and a brief synopsis of what happened.
I am working from home dealing with the same situations, at least I have been more lenient. In this time customer service is #1 and will be remembered!

With what is going on, I would write a nice email, include some pictures and a brief synopsis of what happened.
I am working from home dealing with the same situations, at least I have been more lenient. In this time customer service is #1 and will be remembered!
I did just that, I was on hold for over an hour and gave up. I chatted with rep and the sent an email

I've had good luck by phone. Provided they still offer the call back option these days. My calls were pre Covid19 BS and they'd always call back within an hour.

Definitely by phone. It takes a while for them to respond but they do and they are very helpful once they do. Great customer service and support.

Okay I got an email from them a few days later, they asked me to send them pictures of the receipt for the truck and the spur gear, I told them I would offer video of the motor if requested. Got and email from them the next day saying a new spur and motor were on the way. Got the spur, the motor is out of stock so I'll have to wait a while on it. ? ? ? ? ?

Last edited:
I could never find a phone number for them? I emailed them and had the warranty parts being processed in a few days time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back