Best way to repair a tire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
What's the best way to repair a small rip in the middle of an RC tire?

Low power, lightweight car. Non-drive wheel.

Thanks.

If its small maybe tyre glue. Other than that IDK.

What's the best way to repair a small rip in the middle of an RC tire?

Low power, lightweight car. Non-drive wheel.

Thanks.
I have extended the life on numerous tires with small rips by using regular superglue or rubberized superglue like below. Doesn’t extend their life forever…eventually they will finally go. But you can get them to hold up long enough to get new ones in. You know, being a low power light weight car you might get it to last quite a while.

BF6E3B73-D069-435D-96EC-638A9B38B08F.png

Never used it but in Rich Duperdash video this is what he uses and used in the field on one of his videos.

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 5.09.40 PM.png

I think you mean RCdude81? I saw that video also where he was gluing sledge hammer tires.
Correct and thx....watch them both confused the videos. Good catch and correction (y)

Correct and thx....watch them both confused the videos. Good catch and correction (y)
You’re welcome bud. It’s the red dirt in the picture you posted that clicked my memory. For some reason I have no clue of, I love watching his videos partially because of that amazing red dirt 🤣 I’ve always wondered where he lives. One of those red brick making states I guess.

I have extended the life on numerous tires with small rips by using regular superglue or rubberized superglue like below. Doesn’t extend their life forever…eventually they will finally go. But you can get them to hold up long enough to get new ones in. You know, being a low power light weight car you might get it to last quite a while.

View attachment 211195
This stuff is the best option and of all the CA that I have tried it has held up the best long term. I have tires that I glued on almost 5 years ago that are still held down like the day I glued them on.

This stuff is the best option and of all the CA that I have tried it has held up the best long term. I have tires that I glued on almost 5 years ago that are still held down like the day I glued them on.
Either you or SRC told me about it and I appreciate that! It does work very well. I haven’t used it to glue tires on yet from new, just to reinforce and reglue. Very nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back