Big Rock Best Wheel/Tyre Combo for Bigrock V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBrissy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi All,

I have purchased a Arrma Bigrock V3 and bought the parts to upgrade to the Typhon 17mm hexes. Whats the best Wheel/Tyre combo? Are the Proline MX28's with F11 wheels any good? Cheers

Here are the proline mx28 badlands on the arrma 12mm optional hexes.
20200921_175209-jpg.101022

BTW Proline raid 6x30 wheels have removable hexes and they have 14mm hexes available for them at 7 bucks for all 4. You don't need to go 12 or 17mm hexes on the car to use them.

If you have mx28 badlands that are mounted to the 6x30 wheels then this is all you need.
https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/6x30-to-14mm-hex-adapters.asp

Hey Gus do you know if they have an aluminum 14mm center? Not that I think it'll happen but I watched a holmes hobbies video last week where he turned the hexes inside the plastic. Looked pretty mangled.

Proline will warranty the plastic ones too. So I say get plastic from a verified dealer and then warranty them if something happens. No reason to sped top dollar on aluminum hubs.

The removable hexes are not good in my experience. I’ve had 2 fail on me. Pro-line sent me some replacements under warranty but I’d rather they just worked.

Also the Badlands ballooned like crazy on my 4s converted Big Rock.

Overall not super impressed with the Raid setup.

I own the 17mm 2.8 Badlands, but told myself that I would try the non-belted Trenchers next time around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back