Kraton Better battery straps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParkRacing

Reaction score
One of mine is tearing, but don't want stock. What straps are you guys running? I was looking at the ones from puretech but I'm not sure what size to get?

I'm running dual sky straps they seem to be pretty good

Attachments

• IMG_3681.PNG
    IMG_3681.PNG
    667.8 KB · Views: 213
If you don't mind swapping battery trays, the new Outcast battery tray is as good as it gets. It comes with new straps too

Those look nice, I just ordered Tekno straps with a matching battery tray. I'll let you guys know how I like it.
I had that exact setup on a Hot bodies D8T conversion. It was a good sized try and proved to be very secure. You may have to get a bit creative on mounting the tray but the straps are really nice. I really liked having a strap running lengthwise. If I recall corectly on some bats I used foam blocks and others I did not need them.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm wondering, is there such thing as too big of a battery? I mean, couldn't the weight distribution be off? Is that possible with the weight of the motor and esc?

Hey guys, I'm wondering, is there such thing as too big of a battery? I mean, couldn't the weight distribution be off? Is that possible with the weight of the motor and esc?

Yes , a 5000 mah 6S battery will tip your Kraton to one side with a stock motor for example. A 5s will balance much better. Don't try to get lots of mah crammed into the battery tray, It's not needed And the thing will cause more harm than good.

My setup now is a 5000 mah 6s with s Leopard 4292 motor. It balances well.

My setup before that was the stock motor and a 5000 mah 5s battery. Also balances well.

My same 6s paired with the stock motor. Drooped to one side.

Yes , a 5000 mAh 6S battery will tip your Kraton to one side with a stock motor for example. A 5s will balance much better. Don't try to get lots of mAh crammed into the battery tray, It's not needed And the thing will cause more harm than good.

My setup now is a 5000 mAh 6s with s Leopard 4292 motor. It balances well.

My setup before that was the stock motor and a 5000 mAh 5s battery. Also balances well.

My same 6s paired with the stock motor. Drooped to one side.

Thanks for this insight!

The weight distribution is my only hesitation from buying the Kraton. Would (2) of these: http://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-8000mah-11-1v-3s-100c-hardcase-LiPo-battery.html make the car lean? Also, what kinda run time do you get with 5000 mAh 6s? Would you get the same or more with (2) 8000mAh 3s?

UPDATE
Link keeps breaking.

It's a Hobby Star 8000mah 11.1v 3s 100c LiPo.

Dimensions: 138x46x35.5mm

8000mah_100c_3s_1.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for this insight!

The weight distribution is my only hesitation from buying the Kraton. Would (2) of these: http://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-8000mah-11-1v-3s-100c-hardcase-LiPo-battery.html make the car lean? Also, what kinda run time do you get with 5000 mAh 6s? Would you get the same or more with (2) 8000mAh 3s?

UPDATE
Link keeps breaking.

It's a Hobby Star 8000mah 11.1v 3s 100c LiPo.

Dimensions: 138x46x35.5mm

8000mah_100c_3s_1.jpg

Thanks
Don't let something like battery weight stop you from buying this car? You will figure it out. All my 1/8 VEHICLES have the battery on one side, standard setup. I run 5000mah 5s hard packs. Plenty of power and good weight distribution. And even if it wasn't it would take a lot of weight to one side for you to even notice a performance hit!

Don't let something like battery weight stop you from buying this car? You will figure it out. All my 1/8 VEHICLES have the battery on one side, standard setup. I run 5000mah 5s hard packs. Plenty of power and good weight distribution. And even if it wasn't it would take a lot of weight to one side for you to even notice a performance hit!

I agree with ParkRacing, if this was a common concern you would read about it all the time. Most truggies/buggies are set up with the Bats on one side and ESC motor on the other and no one notices the difference. I believe you would have to be a pretty hardcore "track Rat" racer type, to be tuned in to your vehicle to this level. Or if you did notice it simply does not matter unless you are trying to squeeze an extra second out of a lap. Look at some of the running videos of this beast on 6s. Guys are launching the crap out of these things and they are flying straight and true.

I on the other hand could probably figure out a way to lawn dart this truck into oblivion with 2s on one side. It's all about your driving skill.

I agree with ParkRacing, if this was a common concern you would read about it all the time. Most truggies/buggies are set up with the Bats on one side and ESC motor on the other and no one notices the difference. I believe you would have to be a pretty hardcore "track Rat" racer type, to be tuned in to your vehicle to this level. Or if you did notice it simply does not matter unless you are trying to squeeze an extra second out of a lap. Look at some of the running videos of this beast on 6s. Guys are launching the crap out of these things and they are flying straight and true.

I on the other hand could probably figure out a way to lawn dart this truck into oblivion with 2s on one side. It's all about your driving skill.
I have to agree here. Unless you are racing or some kind of competition, this degree of weight concern is not vital. Bash and blast. For me the longevity that the big batts provide greatly outweigh a bit of weight imbalance.

Even with the weight off a bit the gyroscopic force the tires impart on the whole car keep it straight in the air anyway. 10 feet high 50 feet long and landed on all 4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back