Better ESC Fan!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippos21

Reaction score
Hey guys only run my Kraton maybe 6 times but it’s blown all the blades off the ESC cooling Fan is there a better fan unit or upgrade for the factory ESC?

How did you manage that? Measure it, but another one on eBay or whatever and cover it with a fine mesh (mosquito net for example) if you have a lot of crap getting in.

How did you manage that? Measure it, but another one on eBay or whatever and cover it with a fine mesh (mosquito net for example) if you have a lot of crap getting in.
Have ordered a Traxxis one that’s meant to be stronger and flow more air. Thanks for suggesting fine mesh idea I will do that! I’m not really sure how it happened in the first place as didn’t seem to have anything in it just a broken blade jamming it up!

If it's actual Traxxas :poop: brand, just return it before you even open it and get something that will actually last.
Ok cheers wasn’t to costly so will run it to get me going for now can you suggest a good replacement?

The Yeah Racing Tornado fan series is pretty good. I just got their Tornado motor heatsink/cooler combo for my Talion and it's awesome. Castle Creations, Hot Racing, Hobbywing (although that's basically what you just broke somehow, lol) all make decent stuff. I'd take any of those over Traxxas. All those are most likely cheaper alternatives and probably half the price, and better quality hands down. I've had to warranty two traxxas esc fans on my rustler and stampede both within a short time frame with no bashing involved whatsoever. As I've stated in other threads here previously, I'm not just fanboying, just speaking from my own personal experience. Traxxas electronics are garbo and completely overpriced for what they are.
Within a 3 month period I've had to warranty both my esc fans, two servos, and a velinion esc. There's a reason kev talbot rips them out of his traxxas vehicles and replaces them with hobbywings the second he opens the box. I never really understood why until i owned a few myself. :D

I’d just get a stock replacement. And put a fine mesh over it. I use speaker grill it’s got small holes and it’s a soft aluminum. I think you got something jammed in it. If your doing huge air then you might have to angle the fan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back