Kraton Better motor plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketzx1

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Infraction 4x4
Hey all. Since owning my Kraton 4s, I’ve bent 2 stick motor plates and was tipped off to the Hot Racing aluminum plate. So I bought it. Initially I was just stupid and couldn’t get it to work, but I finally got it to work.

And it worked well for a long time. Until I did an easy 50+ foot cartwheel on grass last Saturday. I didn’t have a chance to crack it open to see if anything went wrong until this evening. I bent the Hot Racing motor plate too.

Is there anything more durable on the market for the 4x4 blx trucks? Thanks fellas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 88
Arrma makes an aftermarket plate and someone posted one here the other day he got from Ebay. Not sure about this but thought someone posted a plate from a vender on this forum, maby someone will chime in on this. Don't know if any of these are more durable than what you have.

To be honest I'm not sure the Arrma one would fair much better, the motor really needs another support in it.

Which Arrma motor mount you using? fixed or adjustable? Maybe the adjustable motor mount is stronger? Thats what I use on my K4S and O4S so I can change to different pinions. I've had some terrible landings and my motor mount is still straight.

ARRMA Adjustable Motor Mount

I would try the Arrma adjustable one. It doesn't have the milled out fins in it like the HR one, so would probably be a little stronger. I ran one in my Kraton 4S. But yeah, I basically agree with slick2500. This is one of those things that makes me say they should've just stopped at the 3S electronics -- the platform isn't quite made for the 4S motor. One of those problems is they use the same motor plate for the smaller, lighter 3S motor, but the 4S puts more leverage on it making it bend more easily.

The fins on the hot racing actually protrude out from the width of the standard motor mount, if anything it would only make it stronger.

I would assume cartwheeling would not make this damage, as it spread the load of the hit much longer, the load from landing a high jump puts much more stress as it is all at once, it also matches the the way your mount bent.

Anyway, i would say try to hot glue a piece of plastic under the rear side of the motor to support it.

Which Arrma motor mount you using? fixed or adjustable? Maybe the adjustable motor mount is stronger? Thats what I use on my K4S and O4S so I can change to different pinions. I've had some terrible landings and my motor mount is still straight.

ARRMA Adjustable Motor Mount

What I have right now is the Hot Racing adjustable motor mount.

I think @arrmadillo was referencing this, I bought this off eBay due to the hr stuff on backorder for my K4s. Supposedly 6061 grade. We’ll see how it holds up. You can try to hammer it back out in the mean time. I’ve now bent 3 of these. 1 in each of my 3s trucks and now the K4s. As @razorrc stated, with the weight and speed in the 4s line it’s bound to happen with this kind of set up.

84A6EAFC-C1E9-42C1-8F4D-A4F6B2448461.png

Thank you everyone, for your input and advice. Not sure I want to gamble on the 60 dollar Integy parts, Integy stuff is hit or miss and I don’t want a dud for 60 bucks ?

I’ll give that mount Jam shared a try.

The fins on the hot racing actually protrude out from the width of the standard motor mount, if anything it would only make it stronger.

I would assume cartwheeling would not make this damage, as it spread the load of the hit much longer, the load from landing a high jump puts much more stress as it is all at once, it also matches the the way your mount bent.

Anyway, i would say try to hot glue a piece of plastic under the rear side of the motor to support it.

Ah thanks, didn't realize the silver parts stick out.

Imo the arrma adjustable mount if far stronger than the pos hot racing one. I bent the hot racing motor mount like a banana first nose land of 8ft bended it in 5mins the arrma motor mount i bended one a few weeks ago but i kissed a tree at almost full speed the sound it made was almost like a gun shot my chassi snaped and at first i though the car was fine because i did not ear any tight mesh but after a few more jumps i noticed drag my chassi and front diff was shot get a tbone front bumper and the arrma adjustable mount stay away from hot racing period.

My arrma mount lasted 5-6 months vs 5mins for the hot racing sur i landed on concrete at 7ft but who did not land on concrete while bashing? Even on dirt it was enough to bend it even slightly hitting a curb with the nose menaged to kill the gearmesh. No more hot racing hot garbage only their shock bodies are good the rest can suck my ass feels like cnc metal of hot racing is casted alluminum and polished to make it shine and anodize to make it look like cnc
3B9880EE-381E-4C77-A3DC-4067BF372728.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back