Infraction Better Motor : TP 2250 Kv or Castle 1717 or 2200 Set Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FELONY2800

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm switching over from 6s to 8s on my infraction. And I'm having mixed thoughts about the TP brand motor and the Castle brand motor.

Would anyone have any input? I'll be running the mamba monster 8s esc.

The MMX8S/1717-1650kv combo has been getting a lot of buzz lately. I got one in my Amain cart waiting for me to hit the pay button.

The MMX8S/1717-1650kv combo has been getting a lot of buzz lately. I got one in my Amain cart waiting for me to hit the pay button.
That's the same thing I've been hearing , it's in my cart as well lol , just wanted to get some opinions on the TP motor as well.

A lot of us have been having early deaths of our 1717 motors. I’ve had four, two dead so far. The best advice I can give is a Y wind motor under 2000kv is the safest bet. A little over 2000kv Y wind would be second safest. The TP 4070 2250 is what I just bought at the recommendation of lots of people with extensive knowledge.

A lot of us have been having early deaths of our 1717 motors. I’ve had four, two dead so far. The best advice I can give is a Y wind motor under 2000kv is the safest bet. A little over 2000kv Y wind would be second safest. The TP 4070 2250 is what I just bought at the recommendation of lots of people with extensive knowledge.
Sheessh really 4? , aww man. And okay I will look that one up , and have you test drove your car with the tp in it yet?

Sheessh really 4? , aww man. And okay I will look that one up , and have you test drove your car with the tp in it yet?
Nope I bought the 8mm shaft and still waiting on pinions small enough for it. Smallest 8mm I had on hand was a 24T.

Well this helped me make a decision.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back