Kraton better screws quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainQ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So. I got the two AR721320 screws attaching the wing mounts to the gearbox case break out (I still need to find a way to remove the one stuck in my gearbox). That made me think about the actual quality of Arrma’s screws, and whether or not there were better screws which I could buy to replace some of my Kraton (not talking about screw kits)

There are better screws out there, right?

Tbh I'm noob at this stuff, like on smc racing they mention Grade 5 (Ti-6Al-4V), and on Tony's screw it's "grade 12.9 metric & ASTM A574 and ASTM F835 standard" but what's the actual grade and material of arrma's srews?

Thx ^^

Last edited:
Tbh I'm noob at this stuff, like on smc racing they mention Grade 5 (Ti-6Al-4V), and on Tony's screw it's "grade 12.9 metric & ASTM A574 and ASTM F835 standard" but what's the actual grade and material of arrma's srews?

Thx ^^
The 6s models use grade 12.9 hardware nothing currently available is stronger than that. The 3s models all use 10.9.

Oh I see, thx for the info. I guess that I was really unlucky with my two screws then :/ I'll just get longer replacement then, so I can at least remove them if they break again

Oh I see, thx for the info. I guess that I was really unlucky with my two screws then :/ I'll just get longer replacement then, so I can at least remove them if they break again
Ideally you would probably be better off with larger diameter screws but that can be a pain sometimes and a lot of times there is not enough space.

Ti bolts are stronger per grade than a steel bolt, while roughly half the weight.

Much much more exspensive though...

Ti bolts are stronger per grade than a steel bolt, while roughly half the weight.

Much much more exspensive though...
Titanium is stronger than steel by weight. Steel is stronger by volume. Assuming you are using same size Ti screws as the steel ones, steel is the better choice.

Yea that’s why I said per grade.

That being said, you can have some real crap steel screws or good ones.

Do you guys know a good place to buy the Arrma' screws in Canada? I tried some places, and the shipping rates are just insane.... like 15$ CAD shipping for 5$ of screws.... o_O
Thought I could do it at Great Hobbies cause I was buying enough stuff to get da free shipping... but all screws were in back order :(

Do you guys know a good place to buy the Arrma' screws in Canada? I tried some places, and the shipping rates are just insane.... like 15$ CAD shipping for 5$ of screws.... o_O
Thought I could do it at Great Hobbies cause I was buying enough stuff to get da free shipping... but all screws were in back order :(

You can get them from industrial supply websites like McMaster-Carr, Grainger, Fastenal etc. Just look on the BOM Arrma provides to find screw sizes. This is usually cheaper as well.

You can get them from industrial supply websites like McMaster-Carr, Grainger, Fastenal etc. Just look on the BOM Arrma provides to find screw sizes. This is usually cheaper as well.
Yep, I buy mine from McMaster-Carr in packs of 50 or 100 for the same cost as buying like 10 "RC screws". I'm not sure on the shipping cost though as I have been adding them to orders already going out for my work.

McMaster-Carr looks great, I tried it, but they aren't giving the shipping rate at checkout. I'll never YOLO buy something online without knowing the exact amount I'll be charged on ma credit card. :/

McMaster-Carr looks great, I tried it, but they aren't giving the shipping rate at checkout. I'll never YOLO buy something online without knowing the exact amount I'll be charged on ma credit card. :/
Yeah that is the bad thing about McMaster is that they don't tell you the shipping until AFTER the order is placed. To me that's stupid and can be a deciding factor in if I'm going to place the order. I think if you call they can tell you the shipping but I'm not sure.

The Rusty Bolt Shop and Monster-bolts on ebay have a good selection of screws not sure if they ship to Canada though.

For Monster-bolts it says
Shipping: FAST 'N FREE

Ships to:
Worldwide

Looks too good to be true, b-but imma try when Trump sing da USA/Canada/Mexico trade deal, cause no tax and no border fee then O_O

Edit: nvm, free shipping is only for USA. Shipping is actually of 11$ for a 4$ of screws

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back