Kraton Better than I expected!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I didnt know what to expect with the Fortress tires on my Kraton. It was awesome! Left the park looking like a checkers board! Way to much torque with the 18t pinion though. The biggest I have right now is a 20t...should help keep the front down some.....and/or reduce the oil weight in the center diff. (had wrong settings on camera sorry)

parkpic1.jpg

Let me ask you this I’m thinking of getting the kraton 1/5 exb what should I get from m2c or whoever to reinforce the chassis and tips like what should I check and do out the box appreciate the help either

P.s
truck looks dope I hope to get mine going like that !!
Let me ask you this I’m thinking of getting the kraton 1/5 exb what should I get from m2c or whoever to reinforce the chassis and tips like what should I check and do out the box appreciate the help either

P.s
Right all I had since in the hobby it’s a infraction v2 8s
Limitless 6s
And building infraction chassis and c8 body 6s also the same diffs as the v2.
So all on road cars .

There is a time and place for big meaty steamroller tires like the Copperheads or Backflips, but most of the time, smaller tires (Fortress / Dakar / BackflipLP / Truggy) will make our trucks a lot more fun!

There is a time and place for big meaty steamroller tires like the Copperheads or Backflips, but most of the time, smaller tires (Fortress / Dakar / BackflipLP / Truggy) will make our trucks a lot more fun!
I totally agree with you now that I have had that experience. Less moving mass and ground contact makes for some awesome power! Looks good too.

One day I was doing speed runs with GRP tyres on my kraton, 25t pinion and lowered, when I decided to have a quick run on the newly cut football field. It was very different. Zero traction, could not get up to speed but fun.

Last edited:
One day I was doing speed runs with GRP tyres on my kraton, 25t pinion and lowered, when I decided to have a quick run it on the newly cut football field. It was very different. Zero traction, could not get up to speed but fun.
Just that thought sounds fun!
As fun as it was I do need new wing mounts and a new wing. Small price to pay for the first run with this setup! The front just took off and that was it! I never got to hit full throttle yet. Next run Im going with the 20t that I have and go all out! hahaha 🤞

P.s

Right all I had since in the hobby it’s a infraction v2 8s
Limitless 6s
And building infraction chassis and c8 body 6s also the same diffs as the v2.
So all on road cars .
His kraton is a 6s 1/8. But to answer your question the only thing you for sure need to get from m2c is the chassis brace rod end for the brace that connects to the center diff in the front. It's very known to break. The rest of m2c stuff just depends on how hard you are bashing it and how much you don't land on your tires. Everything else is checking the same stuff as the other trucks. Fluids, screws, nuts, and what not.
I didnt know what to expect with the Fortress tires on my Kraton. It was awesome! Left the park looking like a checkers board! Way to much torque with the 18t pinion though. The biggest I have right now is a 20t...should help keep the front down some.....and/or reduce the oil weight in the center diff. (had wrong settings on camera sorry)

View attachment 175542
What oil do you have in the front? Could go heavier there to keep the front down

His kraton is a 6s 1/8. But to answer your question the only thing you for sure need to get from m2c is the chassis brace rod end for the brace that connects to the center diff in the front. It's very known to break. The rest of m2c stuff just depends on how hard you are bashing it and how much you don't land on your tires. Everything else is checking the same stuff as the other trucks. Fluids, screws, nuts, and what not.

What oil do you have in the front? Could go heavier there to keep the front down
To tell you the truth I forgot what I put in the front. But with the 20mil I have in the center the fronts coming up no matter what. Its the middle diff I need to adjust as far as oil goes.

To tell you the truth I forgot what I put in the front. But with the 20mil I have in the center the fronts coming up no matter what. Its the middle diff I need to adjust as far as oil goes.
Yeah 20 mil is crazy high for 1/8th. I think it would serve you well to drop that down to at least 1 mil. I run 500k in my typhon center

Did you widen your k6exb? Mine doesn’t seem as wide? View attachment 175564
I didnt go through the trouble of calculating how wide of hex extensions I would need to keep the same track width as the stock Kraton so I just guessed.
I was wrong hahaha...Its now just about an inch total wider than stock. Still deciding if I leave it or shorten it. My bearings are telling me to shorten it. :ROFLMAO:
20mil way too thick for a 1/8 truck.

Yeah 20 mil is crazy high for 1/8th. I think it would serve you well to drop that down to at least 1 mil. I run 500k in my typhon center
Yeah I agree. The center diff is just about spooled with 20mil. haha
Not quite the same but I have a blast running my Big Rock on SC tires if im hauling a$$ through the fields.
I did mine for that specific reason and I also like the looks. I don't blame anyone who puts on SCT tires to shred up some fields...its some fun stuff! (y)
Just make sure to scan the area first for the a$$holes that don't pick up after their dogs! :poop: haha

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back