Kraton Beware of TBR wheelie bar 2.0 version

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir bashalot

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
To all bashers beware of TBR wheelie bar 2.0 version, this is the one with the new hinge pin mounting block.
I think the screws that are supplied for the hinge pin mount are only mild steel and have snapped off in the diff housing . This has happened to my mate as well.

Has this happened to anyone else out there?

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up man. I just got the Outcast 2.0 bar and I was actually wondering about that happening when I was installing that spacer. I will keep an extra close eye on them now.

Lol......I haven't even got that far with mine (tbr wheelie bar 2.0).....mine threw off the tires/wheels in just a few runs.

Wow that's horrible to hear about everyone's mishaps. I have the original TBR wheelie bar and never had any issues with it. Hopefully the word gets to them at TBR and they look in to the issue.

I emailed TBR to let them know and that now i had to get new diff housing and that the same thing happened to my mate .
Wasn't that a waste of time, there reply was that they were currently looking for a new screw supplier and that was is.
So i did a review on there web site only giving it 2 stars and saying that the wheelie bar was good but there screws were as soft as butter.
And guess what they haven't posted it ,
Looks like they only post 5 out of 5 star reviews only funny that.
They should stand by there product and post the good with the bad and let the consumers decide.

I find it incredibly frustrating when a company is aware of a problem and continues to sell it. The last wheelie bar I got from them had some pretty bad tooling marks in it and the screw holes were full of plastic burrs like their milling tools were super dull. I thought about contacting them but I figured I would get the generic response I seem to always get from company's and that is "It must have happened during shipping as all parts are inspected before being packaged for shipping."

Hey guys!
Just checking in on the forums to see what I can do to help! Sounds like there's a good mix of issues here. Let's see If we can clean up some problems!

Lol......I haven't even got that far with mine (tbr wheelie bar 2.0).....mine threw off the tires/wheels in just a few runs.
DM me and we'll set you up with some replacement wheels. (We don't usually warranty wheels but it sounds like your bar was not properly QC'd properly. I've already notified the assemblers to check on that specific process)

I emailed TBR to let them know and that now i had to get new diff housing and that the same thing happened to my mate .
Wasn't that a waste of time, there reply was that they were currently looking for a new screw supplier and that was is.
So i did a review on there web site only giving it 2 stars and saying that the wheelie bar was good but there screws were as soft as butter.
And guess what they haven't posted it ,
Looks like they only post 5 out of 5 star reviews only funny that.
They should stand by there product and post the good with the bad and let the consumers decide.
I believe it was unclear in your email as to the outcome you were asking for. Send me a DM and let me know what I can clear up.
-
I'll double check but it's actually not true that we only post 5 star reviews. Many reviews are automatically currated I will check on the settings for that curration to make sure they are not too stringent .

I find it incredibly frustrating when a company is aware of a problem and continues to sell it. The last wheelie bar I got from them had some pretty bad tooling marks in it and the screw holes were full of plastic burrs like their milling tools were super dull. I thought about contacting them but I figured I would get the generic response I seem to always get from company's and that is "It must have happened during shipping as all parts are inspected before being packaged for shipping."
No I would say that sounds like really bad QC. Which is higlhy frustrating for every party involved. I will make we take a closer look at our current QC process.
Does your wheelie bar need replacing? Let me know!

No it was just cosmetic stuff. I posted here after I got the rpm wing mount and the two long screws that the op was referring to stripped and I had to dremel them out. I also had to grind the rpm wing mount where the two screws go into the shock tower to clear the block for the 2.0 wheelie bar. I posted out of frustration. It's all sorted out now and good. I appreciate you as a company trying to touch bases with customers and addressing issues. I still love your products cause they have saved me tons of money and repair time. I'm about to order that new Kraton front bumper.

Thanks! I'm glad all is good, I appreciate the response! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Regards,
TBR

I will and I thank you for taking time to look into your products on community forums. Not a lot of companies seem to do that. I just ordered the XV4 front bumper and the rear wheelie bar to go with it for my latest Kraton project. Thanks again.

I wish I would have read this before buying the wheelie bar last week. I just had the same thing happen to me today (10076 - TBR 2.0 Wheelie bar). Has anyone figured out a way to get these screws out without getting a new diff housing? Also if you replace them with different screws does it happen again?

1539114069040.png

Lets see if my review gets posted:

1539114192366.png

I've found that their screws are pretty Meh at best. I usually replace them with 12.9 grade hardware.

Hello all,

Thank you guys for bringing these issues to our attention.
DM me to sort out any specific issues.
We will immediately look into changing the design for the wheelie bar to give it a more sturdy mounting point, most likely mounting the block to the bumper as well.

I am going through and curating reviews now. The reasons many negative reviews were not published is due to review spammers and incorrect reviews.

We will continue our search for a higher quality hardware supplier.

Looking forward to sorting this all out!

Regards,
T-Bone Racing

I used socket heads which were 1/16 shorter and some washers instead of the flat heads tbr supplies. they are too long and bottom out on your diff housing. Measure it by sticking an allen wrench in the hole than grind your screw 1/16" less. those little screws bottom out before they get the parts tight and if you really go to town on the torque you can crack the diff housings. when you think they are tight the really aren't and your driving around with a loose bumper.

I have beat the crap out of my version 2 bumper and wheelie bar and they are still fine. I did bend up my wheelie bar and redrilled the holes so I can do higher wheelies...

getting those screws out will be tuff...Maybe carefully dremel around them just enough to get a good bite on them with some quality needle nose pliers. I doubt it could be held square enough to drill them out on a drill press.

Hi

If you have a dremal try cutting a slot in the ends of the screws so you can use a slot headed screwdriver to remove them.

@T-Bone Racing I see that @Sir bashalot 's review finally showed up (he posted it over 2 months ago, and it was not there a few days ago). My review (posted yesterday) is still not there and @bicketybam 's review (posted a while ago) is still not there. Its not acceptable to only post positive reviews, its extremely misleading and reflects very poorly on your company. I know there have been some issues posted in the Arrma forums about TBR recently but it appears that you guys are making an effort to improve (likely growing pains) and overall most of your products are very good. However, we will not support TBR if our honest reviews are going to be blocked from your site, please ensure this is fixed ASAP.

This finally showed up:
https://tboneracing.net/collections/kraton/products/10076-tbr-2-0-wheelie-bar-set-arrma-kraton-6s-v2-v3-2018

1539166271055.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back