Beware! This has got to be a scam. Full set of new alum. ARRMA parts for $131.00 on WISH site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Beware! This has got to be a scam. Full set of new alum. ARRMA upgrade parts for $131.00 on WISH site

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 11.17.21 AM.png

It doesn't say for Arrma, did I miss that one? Its for HSP 1/10. But specifically why do you think it's a scam?
All this alloy bling does not impress me at any price. Asian sourced parts like these are made very inexpensively. But to each his own. Great for a dedicated shelf queen. A conversation piece...
Bangood has similar. The price is about right for someone who wants alloy that will be all twisted and ruined after one bash.:ROFLMAO:

These chinese sites are great for certain things. Body clips. Shrink tube. Wheel nuts.. consumable products like that are fine to purchase off banggood and places like it. Any mechanical or moving parts i wont touch. My good buddy orders escs from banggood and the surpass hobby from banggood has caught fire on him half a dozen times. They keeo sending him a new one he keeos running it. Its garbage.

Ya these are for redcat volcano or hsp brontosaurus.. and that price is normal.. ebay is full of it as well..?
Yeah when I couldn't locate the stock plastic arms ANYWHERE for my RC Volcano, even from Redcat direct , I had no choice but to get those monkey metal arms (in Gold). They even cost the same as the stock plastic when I saw them on Ebay. I thought I was out of the woods after 6mos of searching. I even preordered the plastic ones from Redcat with no definite arrival time. Cancelled that order after 6 mos of waiting and numerous calls to them. Had to call my Cr. card company to do this. Rcat couldn't even get the optional Alloy arms they showed as an option at 3 times the price. Not that I even wanted them. Yet the the Ebay ones were everywhere as cheap as the plastic ones. Go figure. My son thought they were the bomb. They were no good. Everything else broke around those arms and so did the H pins and chassis. All that remained was the arms. This was like 5 years ago when my son was getting into RC and he got the Volcano as a gift from his Uncle. Crap stuff. Redcat is crap too, the company and all. Yeah I have beef with RCat as everyone here knows by now. Rdcat stuff are throw away toys. You are better off with a NewBright anything from Target. :)

ALLOY not good for many parts on any basher rig. Certain parts just need to flex/break and spare the rest of the rig.

Last edited:
^^^ who is they??? Giving alloy a bad rap??

I found tolerances to be much lower than I expect. They meet the specs basically but it takes a bit of work to get them to fit properly and sometimes they are too sloppy. Put a set on a Redcat VOlcano here.

I bought a set like this for the HSP/RedCat 1/10
I cannot say much about strength since it was an on-road use, but seemed ok?

View attachment 109505

Later I removed the anodizing on them and polished it all

View attachment 109507
All these parts ARE functionally good in alloy. As long as they are machined to an acceptable tolerance that is. I like removing anodizing and polishing as well. (y) (y)
THose people that make this "monkey metal", I have no idea where the company is
I think its called MONKEYMETAL, LLC , Shengzen CH. :ROFLMAO:
I think monkey metal is really a loose term for pot metal casting.
KT just throws that around when he cant describe what metal it really is.
Real alloy (Alu.) wont stick to a magnet. :cool:

Last edited:
FYI: Pot metal R/C parts

Pot metal, also known as monkey metal, white metal or die-cast zinc, is a colloquial term that refers to alloys that consist of inexpensive, low-melting point metals used to make fast, inexpensive castings.

The term "pot metal" came about due to the practice at automobile factories in the early 20th century of gathering up all non-ferrous metal scraps from the manufacturing processes and throwing them into one pot to be melted and then formed into cast products.

A small amount of iron made it into the castings, but generally too much iron raised the melting point too much, so it was minimized. There is no scientific metallurgical standard for pot metal; common metals in pot metal include zinc, lead, copper, tin, magnesium, aluminium, iron, and cadmium.

The primary advantage of pot metal is that it is quick and easy to cast. Due to its low melting temperature no sophisticated foundry equipment is needed and specialized molds are not necessary. It is sometimes used to experiment with molds and ideas before using metals of higher quality.

Examples of items created from pot metal include toys, furniture fittings, tool parts, electronics components, and automotive parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back