Kraton Beyond Expectations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corider

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
First off thanks to everyone on this thread. All of the comments and information on here made it easy for me to choose the Krayton as my "return to rc" truck.

My last RC I owned was a Monster Truggied Tekno converted D8t. My first rc I ever owned was a gold pan RC10. In between those two points I have raced 1/10 scale buggies, 1/8 scale nitro buggies, monster trucks(my favorite class, wish it would start up again). I have always had monster trucks or Truggies as they are my favorite.

3 years ago I had my 2nd child and no more time for rc. Sold all my stuff and have been waiting. This brings us to two days ago and my New Krayton. This thing is an absolute Beast! It has brought out my inner idiot! Let me explain: I am out driving the dry neighborhood streets with snow banks at the driveways in 36 degree weather. I keep pushing the truck further and further, jumping off snow banks, flipping it, rolling etc. I have several of those moments where I think "for sure that one did it, that had to have broken something", only to walk up and find the truck just fine??? No bent dogbone, no arm ripped off, literally unscathed? Holy crap is this thing tuff. This brings us to yesterday. I get together with my brother at his house, my 9 year old Nephew got his first truck for Christmas(ECX Ruckus), my 3 1/2 year old son brought the RC Monster Truck he wanted for Christmas(Arrma Granite brushed) and I brought the Krayton. We head over to the park down the street and get going. Things start out reasonable and we are all having a blast. I am pushing the truck harder and harder and getting away with it. I have been eyeballing a jump that requires me to come from the field up a steep little hill with a concrete curb at the top and "thread the needle" between a large tree and a park bench. I come at it full speed, the front end clips the curb as I come off the top and the truck slams into the park bench, upside down and wing first. I have a quick look at the truck, wing mount is cracked, finish out the run absolutely amazed. When we get back to the house I give the truck a closer look and realize there is carnage!! Once again not near as much as there should be for what I just did. The rear shock tower is mangled and I have snapped the ears off the rear diff housing. I got home and tore down the back end. Shock towers , diff housing and RPM wing mount ordered while I was still at my Brothers house. I closely go over everything else, no bent shock shafts, no bent drive shaft, no bent chassis, no cracked chassis brace?? This is the truck I have been waiting for. I cannot believe what this thing is capable of and how much abuse it can take. I do not normally push my RC's this hard but this thing is begging me too Bash it!! I had to find the limit. I am bummed I will be down a few days waiting for parts, but with the down time I am going to go through the truck like I should have from the start. I can't wait to get this Beast going again!
image.jpg

Dang that takes a little effort to bend that like that. GOOD WORK!

I just bought a set (front&back) on ebay for $15.But there easy to flatten back out with a vise or hammer.

I just bought a set (front&back) on ebay for $15.But there easy to flatten back out with a vise or hammer.

Kauaiguy, I appreciate the heads up. I did the same thing on Ebay but paid $2.00 more for the shock towers. I did straighten the rear shock tower back out on the bench vice. It seems like after things bend they bend easier the next time. With my crappy driving and the Kraton's influence on my common sense, or lack there of, it may be smart to put the old one back on until I get this desire to destroy my brand new truck out of my system!

[Quote} kraton was my first electric RC and since then my arrma fleet is expanding[/QUOTE]

Petey, I could see how that could happen in a hurry. Between the Krayton and the Granite that my son is driving I have been really impressed with both trucks. I could see this getting ugly

@Corider I want to go bashing with you... you certainly know how to do it right! :)

WoodiE

Either that or I am a really horrible driver that makes poor decisions. It would be great to have more people out here in Colorado into R.C. Seems like it is not as popular as it used to be.

Last edited:
Corider I think we are like minded with are driving. The Kraton is a Beast and I think some of us go sort of nuts with the controller. I have been utterly blown away with what these rigs can handle. Having a motocross background probably makes the drive to bash hard even worse as far as pushing the limits goes. Glad to hear you're diggin it and that your Kraton faired well with a brutal impact.

Corider I think we are like minded with are driving. The Kraton is a Beast and I think some of us go sort of nuts with the controller. I have been utterly blown away with what these rigs can handle. Having a motocross background probably makes the drive to bash hard even worse as far as pushing the limits goes. Glad to hear you're diggin it and that your Kraton faired well with a brutal impact.
Heck yea man! I grew up racing motocross too. I miss it everyday, but don't miss getting hurt. RC's are safer. Lol

Either that or I am a really horrible driver that makes poor decisions. It would be great to have more people out here in Colorado into R.C. Seems like it is not as popular as it used to be.[/QUOTE]

@Coridir I live in Castle Rock man. I'll bash with you on occasion. There are quite a few RC groups in the area on Facebook. Message me and I can fill you in.

Heck yea man! I grew up racing motocross too. I miss it everyday, but don't miss getting hurt. RC's are safer. Lol

You Both bring up a really good point. I rode moto as well, and am still an avid Mountain Biker. When your young you feel invincible until you take a couple of hard "get offs". I quickly realized that even though your body heals it is never the same. I have a trick knee, bum shoulder, messed up wrist and right thumb etc. I have had them all "fixed" but they still don't work right. With RC, you can get a little bit nuts and while you may tear your truck up, your body is in one piece. This truck and RC in general makes me feel like a kid again to some extent, that is a big part of why I enjoy it so much.

You Both bring up a really good point. I rode moto as well, and am still an avid Mountain Biker. When your young you feel invincible until you take a couple of hard "get offs". I quickly realized that even though your body heals it is never the same. I have a trick knee, bum shoulder, messed up wrist and right thumb etc. I have had them all "fixed" but they still don't work right. With RC, you can get a little bit nuts and while you may tear your truck up, your body is in one piece. This truck and RC in general makes me feel like a kid again to some extent, that is a big part of why I enjoy it so much.
Well said!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back