BicketyBam's Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run this servo in my Outcast, it is seriously overkill for a 1/10 scale vehicle, good servo though, I posted my review on Amazon.

I bought two of these recommended here by a trusted source. I haven't needed to use them but may in Granite and BRCC.
https://ebay.to/2n0wnUt

I run this servo in my Outcast, it is seriously overkill for a 1/10 scale vehicle, good servo though, I posted my review on Amazon.
They sended it to me for free because my 25kg red servo failed and the remplacement was defective lol
They wanted if i could leave my opinion about the servo and i said yes

If you’re going by spec that would true, but in the real world it sucks in this platform.
Does this servo perform worse on the 4S vehicles than it does the 6S vehicles? I don’t race any of mine but I haven’t found them to be that bad.

Only stuff I've done to my Kraton is bearings (don't bother with the one inside the slipper), Kimbrough black servo saver, Outcast wheels/tires, and the adjustable aluminum motor mount.

I think the saver is a bigger problem than the servo, next up would be a better radio and servo, but I honestly don't care. Truck is good enough for me as is.

Only stuff I've done to my Kraton is bearings (don't bother with the one inside the slipper), Kimbrough black servo saver, Outcast wheels/tires, and the adjustable aluminum motor mount.
I wanted to order the servo saver from amain hobbies but now shipping is like 8$ for some reason
My quess is because of trump

View attachment 49304

I'm still in shock that I bought one of these after I swore I never would ? It was really more about completing a collection than anything else. I feel that it is definitely overpriced when you consider the 3s rigs. The cost of the longer arms is negligible. So what are we looking at? Metal spur, bigger wheels, larger plastic shocks, BLX120, larger motor and a wing. I'm not seeing an extra $100 here. But the deed has been done ?

I'm going to order the HR bellcrank, pivot balls and adjustable motor mount. How crucial are the alloy differential yokes? Some have said it's an absolute must. Are all you 4s guys running the HR yokes? @razorrc ? I really don't want to sink a ton of money into this truck but I don't want it eating diffs because of the yokes flexing.
I told you they were awesome ???. Congrats on the new rig Ed.✌??

You should have bought the 4s Outcast, then you could have sold me the backflip LP's..?

Seriously though, I look forward to seeing how you do with this new 4s Kraton and can't wait to hear/see your views after vowing never to get one..!!

I await with bated breath the next @bicketybam vid...???

I think the saver is a bigger problem than the servo, next up would be a better radio and servo, but I honestly don't care. Truck is good enough for me as is.
Link for the servo saver? ?

The tires suck. I run shockwaves on mine. back flip lp's on list when they get back in stock
I'd get some backup driveshafts too

BicketyBam’s, pm your address and I will send you one of the 25 kg servos to put in that. Free. Monday.
I really appreciate the offer but I have several Savox servos on hand that I can use. Thanks for the generous offer though This is why I love this forum as well as this hobby ???

So I can either use a 1210SG which is 20kg (277.7 oz) and 0.15 sec/60 deg or a 1211SG with is 15kg (208.3 oz) and 0.10 sec/60 deg

If I can get away with only 15kg of torque, I would prefer the faster 1211SG. Is the performance issue with the stock servo power or speed?

Really, Arrma? You can do better than this.

20190927_100530.jpg

20190927_100904.jpg

What? You don't grease your slipper pads? :)
Lol! ? I did manage to break one of the slipper hub halves though. I believe this is the third time I have done it. I was trying to locate full tight and the next thing I know, pop! It's not like I had to torque it down very hard either. Very bummed about that.

Its on backorder
Jenny rc has the typhon shocks the rear ones atm i love how they look really but everything will be more expensive if i run them from rebuild kits shafts and rods ends. But mine are not leaking and i rebuilded them with green slime like everyone recommands
But i would want my top cap to shine i tried something but meh

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back