BicketyBam's Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you make a video? I'd like to see that.

I never take my hand off the steering wheel. Ever. I'm constantly steering because of the terrain I run on. I'll have to see if I have the same issue.
I will make a video when I get back home, before and after the 3PV install as well. Hoping to get my sh!t to drive straight. No matter what I do lately, I’m not able to get either rig to track straight. Even using the gyro, it still isn’t possible.

I don’t have understeer. My steering range is just fine and it will turn when told. It just doesn’t make it back to center from either side. Turn right and it will go full right, let go and it gets 5 degrees right of center and that’s it. Turn full left and it complies, let go and it stops 5 degrees left of center. Give it a tiny bit of right input and it will then be centered again. It takes a lot of input to get it going straight. This is off the ground and my steering has no binding. It’s as smooth with the servo saver off as you could possibly hope for. I’ve used multiple servos and none have fixed the issue. I assumed incorrectly that it was the stock servo to blame. It’s likely the SS. I will work on this when I get back this week.
Do you have the alluminum pivot balls? Even in the steering links?
Do you have play in your steering? Turn your car on turn full right snd try to move the tires if there is play and the servo saver is not engaging thats mostly the issue personally i don't have the alluminum pivot balls yet and don't have that issue of recentering

Do you have play in your steering? Turn your car on turn full right snd try to move the tires if there is play and the servo saver is not engaging thats mostly the issue personally i don't have the alluminum pivot balls yet and don't have that issue of recentering
All of these trucks have play in the steering ?

I have stock pivot balls, but recently replaced all my stock links and it didn’t change anything. I will dive deeper when I get home this week and figure it out. I will take a video and start a thread.

I have stock pivot balls, but recently replaced all my stock links and it didn’t change anything. I will dive deeper when I get home this week and figure it out. I will take a video and start a thread.
Pivot ball swap out and hot racing bell crank made a HUGE difference in mine.

Guys, just turn on the truck and then grab the wheels by hand and turn them left right.

That will show you if the servo saver is too weak.
If your having trouble turning. Try setting your endpoint to 120. Yeah it's max but mine has had 0 issues and turns on a dime

Yeah don’t do that. You’re just cranking the servo saver to constantly push against the servo/bellcranks all the time at full lock. It holds better because you’re trying to use extra spring tension to hold the steering, but you’re also straining the servo unnecessarily. You need a stiffer servo saver.

Last edited:
I have no issues with the shocks or the ride height.

Yeah, I'll take a pass on that ? The issue is with the servo saver and it not being strong enough. With the old 6s servo savers you can adjust how much tension there is that keeps the halves from separating. With this style you can't and there just isn't enough there to hold the turn without the servo saver opening up. I'll see how it turns when I install the ones @razorrc recommended.

Are you on the stock servo?
Yeah stock as it gets

All of these trucks have play in the steering ?
Did you bend your stock motor mount on your nose crash? Of your last kraton 4s video?
If it did might be the reason of your stripped rear diff happened to me when i was running a bended motor mount because i did not wanted to hammer it streight back
Going definetly get the hot racing motor mount this friday and the yokes also maybe i just don't want to deal with internal issues anymore

Did you bend your stock motor mount on your nose crash? Of your last kraton 4s video?
If it did might be the reason of your stripped rear diff happened to me when i was running a bended motor mount because i did not wanted to hammer it streight back
Going definetly get the hot racing motor mount this friday and the yokes also maybe i just don't want to deal with internal issues anymore
Does this look bent to you?

20190930_195818.jpg

P.S. there is a shadow from the light. It's not bent in the slightest.

Does this look bent to you?

View attachment 49600

P.S. there is a shadow from the light. It's not bent in the slightest.
The other side? Its like almost impossible that its not bent.
Why mine bends so easily then i don't understand
I went trought 3 stock mounts

The other side? Its like almost impossible that its not bent.
Why mine bends so easily then i don't understand
I went trought 3 stock mounts
It's not bent. Trust me. Not in the slightest. I have it laying on melamine. You don't get much flatter than that.

Attachments

• BEA74244-6270-41DD-AA59-30E41ABDA3AE.jpeg
    BEA74244-6270-41DD-AA59-30E41ABDA3AE.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 60
I'm still waiting on the Hot Racing yokes for the rear but I've got the adjustable motor mount, hex/extenders, bellcrank and pivot balls.

View attachment 49828
I have a spare set of those HR hubs just sitting collecting dust. I bought them for my second rig, but decided to make it a Kraton and they don’t fit the axle. Did you get 4S specific ones?

Edit: I see you did get 4S ones. Wish I could swap my 3S set for a 4S set. ??‍♂️

Interested in how those hexs are gonna be. Stupid flange nut be gone?

That's the reason I bought them. I couldn't stand those flanged nuts. I'll have a video up soon on these.

Especially when u come home with a 2 piece! Quick jump online and new one on its way lmao

We call that a Dilly Special ?

I have a spare set of those HR hubs just sitting collecting dust. I bought them for my second rig, but decided to make it a Kraton and they don’t fit the axle. Did you get 4S specific ones?

Edit: I see you did get 4S ones. Wish I could swap my 3S set for a 4S set. ??‍♂️

They must have just come out with these. I'm glad I stumbled across them. I like that they are all black, especially that end caps.

Can you swap out the stub axles? I know the Typhon and Granite ones you can swap around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back