BicketyBam's Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats going on with your diffs? Me its my diff wearing itself over time too fast. But i think i might have found the cause
Only the rear
Well my diffs were wearing out fast until I swapped grease and now it seems better but I’m still eating through them at punch 1 and the slipper is loose (ish) as well as not landing on power too much

Well my diffs were wearing out fast until I swapped grease and now it seems better but I’m still eating through them at punch 1 and the slipper is loose (ish) as well as not landing on power too much
Only the rear diff? White lithium kinda screwed 2 rear diffs and one in the front but the front never failed surprisingly even with a chiped tooth. But i remplced them and switched grease
what grease your using?

Only the rear diff? White lithium kinda screwed 2 rear diffs and one in the front but the front never failed surprisingly even with a chiped tooth. But i remplced them and switched grease
what grease your using?
Yep only the rear and I am running a chipped tooth in the front as well. The grease is just some genaric automotive grease for wheel bearings in cars (I think)

Yep only the rear and I am running a chipped tooth in the front as well. The grease is just some genaric automotive grease for wheel bearings in cars (I think)
You should maybe try marine grease or super lube synthetic grease
The only time i had a tooth shipped in the front was because of the lithium grease since then never had an issue with the front

You should maybe try marine grease or super lube synthetic grease
The only time i had a tooth shipped in the front was because of the lithium grease since then never had an issue with the front

I know this is your conclusion, but everything I've read about lithium grease is that it's safe on plastic. So I think it's possible there is some other reason you're experiencing abnormal wear on your ring and pinion gears.

I know this is your conclusion, but everything I've read about lithium grease is that it's safe on plastic. So I think it's possible there is some other reason you're experiencing abnormal wear on your ring and pinion gears.
I don't know but a few people told me thaht their diffs went out because of the lithium grease too and when they switched their problem was gone same thing my hobby shop told me that lithium grease can harm a fee plastic keep in mind plastic is not a simple word there is a lot of stuff that makes the end result be plastic. But i don't see any reason that my diff will wear so quickly specially the front
its just my opinion

Only stuff I've done to my Kraton is bearings (don't bother with the one inside the slipper), Kimbrough black servo saver, Outcast wheels/tires, and the adjustable aluminum motor mount.

I think the saver is a bigger problem than the servo, next up would be a better radio and servo, but I honestly don't care. Truck is good enough for me as is.
Is the Kimbrough much firmer than the oem servo saver? Does it recenter like it should?
Bicketybam, I have been watching your videos and appreciate your posting info here. How has your diff gear life been after the HR yokes? Did you pair the HR steering rack with the HR servo saver and link kit? If so, is it centering properly now?

Last edited:
Is the Kimbrough much firmer than the oem servo saver? Does it recenter like it should?
Bicketybam, I have been watching your videos and appreciate your posting info here. How has your diff gear life been after the HR yokes? Did you pair the HR steering rack with the HR servo saver and link kit? If so, is it centering properly now?
You're welcome ??? I've only run it once or twice since the HR yokes. So far so good. I'm using the HR bellcrank with the Kimbrough servo saver. It turns well enough. Not like my Talion but it gets the job done. I never really an issue with it not centering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back