BicketyBam's Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
20190926_192522.jpg

I'm still in shock that I bought one of these after I swore I never would ? It was really more about completing a collection than anything else. I feel that it is definitely overpriced when you consider the 3s rigs. The cost of the longer arms is negligible. So what are we looking at? Metal spur, bigger wheels, larger plastic shocks, BLX120, larger motor and a wing. I'm not seeing an extra $100 here. But the deed has been done ?

I'm going to order the HR bellcrank, pivot balls and adjustable motor mount. How crucial are the alloy differential yokes? Some have said it's an absolute must. Are all you 4s guys running the HR yokes? @razorrc ? I really don't want to sink a ton of money into this truck but I don't want it eating diffs because of the yokes flexing.

It’s great the way it is. I’ve put at least 25 charges through mine. No issues. 100% stock. Buy another body. And a spare set of tires/rims. Hexes strip.

Honestly a lot of the poop that we buy as hoppups doesn't do us any good.

I haven't read up on the 4s, but what shocks are people replacing the plastic ones with? Typhon 6s?

I haven't read up on the 4s, but what shocks are people replacing the plastic ones with? Typhon 6s?
Do with this information what you will.
  • Stock front shocks for the 4s models are 106mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the 4s models are 121mm eye to eye.
HSP Shocks -
A lot of people have used these shocks with great results. They are HSP Front 81003 and HSP Rear 81002 shocks. These will also require either the steel balls or nitro fuel line to take up the space in the upper mount.
Trackstar Shocks -
Springs that come with these are rather stiff for the 3s line and should be swapped out to whichever spring of your choice. They may work for the 4s models I have not tested them yet. And again will need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Basher Sabertooth shocks -
Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
ZD Racing Shocks -

Remember you can always shorten the shocks to make them match the factory shocks length using nitro fuel line on the shock shaft under the shock piston.

After looking at that list again it looks like the closest shocks are going to be the Trackstar and Basher Sabertooth shocks.

Last edited:
I'm sure you have new bearings in mind but didn't see mentioned.

First thing I do with all my Arrma trucks ???
20190926_220923.jpg

I run those on my two 3s trucks but I'm going to stay with these as long as they don't leak. So far so good ?

Two questions for you 4s owners:

Should I disassemble the slipper assembly and replace the bearings?

What pinion size should I run? That 13t looks so tiny ? Oh, the mesh feels fine to me. There is a slight bit of lash just the way I would manually set it. I might hold off on the adjustable mount.

Last edited:
First thing I do with all my Arrma trucks ???
View attachment 49316

I run those on my two 3s trucks but I'm going to stay with these as long as they don't leak. So far so good ?

Two questions for you 4s owners:

Should I disassemble the slipper assembly and replace the bearings?

What pinion size should I run? That 13t looks so tiny ? Oh, the mesh feels fine to me. There is a slight bit of lash just the way I would manually set it. I might hold off on the adjustable mount.
A few members have had issues with the stock mount bending.

View attachment 49304

I'm still in shock that I bought one of these after I swore I never would ? It was really more about completing a collection than anything else. I feel that it is definitely overpriced when you consider the 3s rigs. The cost of the longer arms is negligible. So what are we looking at? Metal spur, bigger wheels, larger plastic shocks, BLX120, larger motor and a wing. I'm not seeing an extra $100 here. But the deed has been done ?

I'm going to order the HR bellcrank, pivot balls and adjustable motor mount. How crucial are the alloy differential yokes? Some have said it's an absolute must. Are all you 4s guys running the HR yokes? @razorrc ? I really don't want to sink a ton of money into this truck but I don't want it eating diffs because of the yokes flexing.

Now send that thing bickety.. preferably backflip over the center track double at falcon... lol.. cool little rig..

Now send that thing bickety.. preferably backflip over the center track double at falcon... lol.. cool little rig..
I'll bring it there and shoot a video once I get my upgrades installed.

I'll bring it there and shoot a video once I get my upgrades installed.
Sounds good sir! We went the other day, it rained the previous night.. the track was much tighter than the usual.. was a good day to balloon some tires man..

I thought it came with the ADS-15? If so, I can live with that.
If you’re going by spec that would true, but in the real world it sucks in this platform.

If you’re going by spec that would true, but in the real world it sucks in this platform.
Oh dear. I'll see how it goes. I basically send my trucks straight into a ramp anyway ?

I personally use this but i cant find the 180 degre version on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/DS3225-Corel...16?keywords=25kg+servo&qid=1569555106&sr=8-16
On the amazon.ca i have the 180 degres version
The stock servo i only used when my upgraded cheap servo 20kg died and it was slow honestly i prefer to have a decent speed turning speed or i just feel disconected
I run this servo in my Outcast, it is seriously overkill for a 1/10 scale vehicle, good servo though, I posted my review on Amazon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back