Kraton BicketyBam's Kraton 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@bicketybam, a smart calculated decision on your part.
See how the stock 4985 size "can" 1250 KV works with 200amps first. Play with the gearing while you are there and upgrade the motor based on your findings. Because right now, you cant determine if you want to increase the Motor KV or lower it to get it where you like it.
For reference, the DBXL-E 2.0 uses the Firma 160amp with a Firma 780KV motor at 8S. The Final Drive is different. But running weight is comparable to the K8S.(y) The Stock Firma 1250KV may actually do the job with the Max5/200amp. Enjoy.:)

Last edited:
Anyone willing to get specific about which shim and bearing used when replacing pinion?
The inside diameter is 5mm since that is the shaft diamter. Outside diameter needs to be smaller than the width of the pinion. As far as width, I'd try to get one as close to the gap between the top of the pinion and the e clip. If it's short, add shims. I didn't ask him what the actual size of the bearing was but it shouldn't be too hard to eyeball it.

The inside diameter is 5mm since that is the shaft diamter. Outside diameter needs to be smaller than the width of the pinion. As far as width, I'd try to get one as close to the gap between the top of the pinion and the e clip. If it's short, add shims. I didn't ask him what the actual size of the bearing was but it shouldn't be too hard to eyeball it.

I'm wondering if one of my steering rack bearings will work that I have on hand.

I'm wondering if one of my steering rack bearings will work that I have on hand.
Yeah, I've been using them on my 5mm shaft castle motors. Pinions love to spin up on them no matter how much red loctite I use.

Yeah, I've been using them on my 5mm shaft castle motors. Pinions love to spin up on them no matter how much red loctite I use.

Thanks. Reason I ask is because some that may buy this truck want to have everything when the truck arrives. Most will certainly want to go with a taller pinion. I don't have a local hobby shop so if I wait to eye the truck when it arrives, I'll have to wait again to have the upgrades I need and this is no fun. This could be the case with lots of questions that come from folks that have yet to see or touch their trucks (no matter which) and wish to have mise en place when the thing arrives so they can get after it immediately.

I’m hoping some of the new 1/6th scale hobbystar motors will fit.
https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/h...shless-sensorless-motor-1-7-scale-1580kv.html
Maximum motor size is 56113, so 56mm diameter and 113mm long.
That’s off of the ARRMA website under specs. Then electronics.
that motor looks very similar to the Rocket 4585/1580kv motor on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SURPASS-HO...401347?hash=item442c621443:g:tQEAAOSwjq9b3a9p
I have one of those, the hobbywing 4985 1650kv runs cooler...at least in my 6s kraton with the hex6 esc.

I had to go see this thing in person today and WOW!!! Pics definitely don’t do this thing justice! They took my name down before they released the name so I’m first on line at my lhs ? I snapped a few pics while there even though they don’t show how truly massive this thing is!!! The demo was even green my favorite color ? Hopefully I get it sooner than later, I can’t wait!!! There’s a Losi Mini-T 2.0 in the pic for scale ?
DCBB794A-0C17-4353-A089-5C8FDE3E1E22.jpeg
3DD07260-09B1-49D2-ACAB-479ADC6AB75E.jpeg
7B5A8DD2-87EC-4EB2-BDF5-641AC7EB25F4.jpeg
F8E7CC03-8662-422F-A1FC-A8DC6DF46B3A.jpeg

I had to go see this thing in person today and WOW!!! Pics definitely don’t do this thing justice! They took my name down before they released the name so I’m first on line at my lhs ? I snapped a few pics while there even though they don’t show how truly massive this thing is!!! The demo was even green my favorite color ? Hopefully I get it sooner than later, I can’t wait!!! There’s a Losi Mini-T 2.0 in the pic for scale ?View attachment 55026View attachment 55027View attachment 55028View attachment 55029
LOL You were drooling while telling me about it at the skate park today :LOL: ??:cool:

Can't wait for Ed to upgrade the motor, then we'll really see what this beast can do.
Who wants to donate one? I'll give you a shout out in my next video! ?

Who wants to donate one? I'll give you a shout out in my next video! ?
I’ve got a BLX100 with your name on it! PM me your address ???

Nice Channel! I subbed, I wish you all the best!
About the Kraton:
- how's the new remote??
- Does it feel way more slusgish/slow than an Notorious?
- How long do the batteries last?

You should chop down that tree, it's in the way of your landing :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back