Kraton BicketyBam's Kraton 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Channel! I subbed, I wish you all the best!
About the Kraton:
- how's the new remote??
- Does it feel way more slusgish/slow than an Notorious?
- How long do the batteries last?

You should chop down that tree, it's in the way of your landing :ROFLMAO:
Remote never left the store. I gave it to the hobby shop because I have a Dx5 Rugged. It's not a bad remote though if you can get past the plastic wheel. As far as the batteries go, it should last 20-25 minutes depending on how you drive.

I'm sorry if I missed this discussion somewhere else, but what are everyone's thoughts on the steering servo? Beefy enough? Or will that be a day-one upgrade, as it was on the Kraton 6S?

I'm sorry if I missed this discussion somewhere else, but what are everyone's thoughts on the steering servo? Beefy enough? Or will that be a day-one upgrade, as it was on the Kraton 6S?
It's not as bad as the stock 6s servo but I'd love to upgrade. Need a different mount though and none are available.

Remote never left the store. I gave it to the hobby shop because I have a Dx5 Rugged. It's not a bad remote though if you can get past the plastic wheel. As far as the batteries go, it should last 20-25 minutes depending on how you drive.

Yeah, I will be pulling that radio out pretty quickly and throwing one of my 4PLS Rx in it. I can't deal with the plastic wheel. I have that radio on my little Axial Yeti Jr. and I hate it.

hello bicketybam , have subscribed to your channel , you sure got a lovely place to bash , so much room , and the 8s kraton in the snow was AWESOME , thank you
You're welcome ???

Yeah, I will be pulling that radio out pretty quickly and throwing one of my 4PLS Rx in it. I can't deal with the plastic wheel. I have that radio on my little Axial Yeti Jr. and I hate it.
Where do you buy you rx for the 4pls? I have one but the rx are very expensive I’m think of selling it and buying the flysky fsgt5

Where do you buy you rx for the 4pls? I have one but the rx are very expensive I’m think of selling it and buying the flysky fsgt5
They definitely aren't the cheapest to buy. Personally its worth it to me, to upgrade one at a time. I usually buy Futaba receivers at my (not so LHS) or amazon. I also have a FS-GT3B bound to a couple vehicles because the receivers are dirt cheap. I don't particularly like the transmitter, seems everytime I use it. I look down its in some menu and randomly changing values. Also my thumb is always hitting the 3rd channel button on the grip.

So I am very fortunate that when I bought my 4PLS from Tower way back when it came out you could get the R203GF for $26.99 each, and Tower had a qty discount if you bought more than 2. I believe I purchased 5 and got them for around $24.49 each. And then a buddy of mine got out of RC and gave me one of his that he found after he sold everything. So I have 2 of the R304SBE's and 5 of the R203GFs.

They are expensive but man, you can't compare ANYTHING flysky makes to the 4PLS. It's just better in every direction. I have a GT3B that came with something or another I purchased a long time ago as a backup, and trying to get into the menus and change stuff is a pain and not intuitive.

But man, to each their own. I've had the 4PLS for at least.....7 years, and 3 of those years were racing in 4 different classes at the local track. It's a tank and I can't imagine having a better radio.

So I am very fortunate that when I bought my 4PLS from Tower way back when it came out you could get the R203GF for $26.99 each, and Tower had a qty discount if you bought more than 2. I believe I purchased 5 and got them for around $24.49 each. And then a buddy of mine got out of RC and gave me one of his that he found after he sold everything. So I have 2 of the R304SBE's and 5 of the R203GFs.

They are expensive but man, you can't compare ANYTHING flysky makes to the 4PLS. It's just better in every direction. I have a GT3B that came with something or another I purchased a long time ago as a backup, and trying to get into the menus and change stuff is a pain and not intuitive.

But man, to each their own. I've had the 4PLS for at least.....7 years, and 3 of those years were racing in 4 different classes at the local track. It's a tank and I can't imagine having a better radio.
I’m having a different experience my rx loses range at about 20-30 feet it’s about a year old. I’ve messaged futuba and they did not get back. I’m a basher not a racer so I can see where the 4pls is better.

hijack.gif
cb41cac8ffe50e623504fdd0b1ce9ebdcbf419d8.gif

Maybe @WoodiE could move that conversation to the electronics thread.
I'm mostly busting balls. That said I don't want multiple pages of off-topic stuff in thread ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back