BicketyBam's Kraton EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I figured I'd start my build thread here. I picked it up about an hour ago and decided to run the Castle MMX8S 1717-1650kv combo. I'm going to start with a 23t on 6S. I'll update as I build it up.

20200720_142702.jpg
20200720_153305.jpg

Looks like they redesigned the battery tray. The bracket that hold the receiver is to it is definitely thicker and stronger. It also takes 8 screws to secure it. That's new, right?

The dogbones are nice and beefy. This truck is turning into a great bargain. Very pleased so far.

20200720_161200.jpg
20200720_161208.jpg

Can’t wait to see it run!
Got it quick!

Looking forward to seeing this one run... :)

If it runs any differently than what most people have it will be because of the Castle combo. The actual truck is going to perform like every other Kraton ?

Your hobby shop had the exb in stock?

They received 8. 7 were spoken for and one is on the shelf. Probably not for long.

Are you still going to do the battery tray T-nut mod..??
I don't think so. The 8 screws might do the trick. I'm going to see how it holds up. And I'll do my best not to roof land or lawn dart. That's what really stresses the tray.

On another note, I had to order a servo. I initially grabbed the Savox 1210SG from my V3 Kraton but I had a hard time fitting it in. And I know it will be too tall for the mount. So I ordered up one of those $30 Amazon servos. It will be here on Saturday.

And one last note for @robert@castle. The battery leads on all your ESC's are ridiculously short but we can squeak by for most of them. But the 8S ESC really needs leads longer than this. This is a friggin' joke. Come on. It's a no brainer. Are they trying to save money with the shorter wires? ?
20200720_171233.jpg
20200720_171238.jpg

I don't think so. The 8 screws might do the trick. I'm going to see how it holds up. And I'll do my best not to roof land or lawn dart. That's what really stresses the tray.

On another note, I had to order a servo. I initially grabbed the Savox 1210SG from my V3 Kraton but I had a hard time fitting it in. And I know it will be too tall for the mount. So I ordered up one of those $30 Amazon servos. It will be here on Saturday.

And one last note for @robert@castle. The battery leads on all your ESC's are ridiculously short but we can squeak by for most of them. But the 8S ESC really needs leads longer than this. This is a friggin' joke. Come on. It's a no brainer. Are they trying to save money with the shorter wires? ?
View attachment 90459View attachment 90460
About the wires.... right!? I just wired a single on there and then made a y harness to make things fit nicely... ?

Longer wires would have messed up the kanooter valve trans-functioner and shorted out the congibeator (con-gib-e-ator) inside the rectifier modular twin screw extruder. Don't ya know?

Damn those are short AF. Need extensions? What style connector you planning to use?

All my dual 3s and single 6s batteries are XT90's so I'll go with that. I don't do my own soldering because I'm not great at it and my LHS doesn't charge me to do it. I might ask him to make them longer. If they are too short and right they tend to pull out when you land big jumps.
About the wires.... right!? I just wired a single on there and then made a y harness to make things fit nicely... ?

Even with they Y they end up being really close to being too short. They need to make these longer. Come on. Look at it compared to a Max5 ?

20200720_181047.jpg

All my dual 3s and single 6s batteries are XT90's so I'll go with that. I don't do my own soldering because I'm not great at it and my LHS doesn't charge me to do it. I might ask him to make them longer. If they are too short and right they tend to pull out when you land big jumps.

Even with they Y they end up being really close to being too short. They need to make these longer. Come on. Look at it compared to a Max5 ?

View attachment 90469
Made mine like this.
73663F8E-E4D9-4D67-A047-6BCC9E112ADC.jpeg

Yep, that wouldn't reach with half of my packs. Especially my new CNHL 5000mah 3S black series packs.

I think in that case, I'd be inclined to use an XT150 to the Y connectors with XT90's. Lessen the resistance as much as possible without making a crappy splice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back