BicketyBam's Kraton EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, I'm talking about using the the Savox 1210 servo with the new Arrma EXB servo mount. They don't play well together. I use the same servo with the Voltage Hobbies servo mount and I didn't even have to shim it. Also the wire fit though without issue. Not the case with the Arrma EXB mount.
Yes Ed, I was eluding to that different EXB servo mount all along. All of us have used HR's servo mount without issue. I was just curious about the EXB Shock standoffs, if you noticed them on yours They are listed as the only one upgrade part for the EXB. (posted above)

Yes Ed, I was eluding to that different EXB servo mount all along. All of us have used HR's servo mount without issue. I was just curious about the EXB Shock standoffs, if you noticed them on yours They are listed as the only one upgrade part for the EXB. (posted above)
They looked like the regular ones to me.

I saw one other YouTuber confirm the exb comes with standard shock mounts... they had to have some hop-ups right ? =}

Also, @bicketybam .. just got my shipping info woot woot! I’ll have mine the 27th. Build thread to follow :)

@Rcproponent, if I had to guess why just this one EXB option part is listed, I would say sourcing/Mfr. logistics prevented the upgrade standoffs from being included during assembly. Trying to meet a /production/release deadline. Maybe even a final price point adjustment by HH, by leaving the $15.99 standoffs as the only EXB upgrade.
The EXB roller is a full on upgrade kit. The price is excellent as it stands IMHO.
Standoffs look beefy. Will probably be in demand nonetheless. I know I would want them for my V4 Kraton. Inexpensive too. Its just on B/O status for now.:cool:

@Rcproponent, if I had to guess why just this one EXB option part is listed, I would say sourcing/Mfr. logistics prevented the upgrade standoffs from being included during assembly. Trying to meet a /production/release deadline. Maybe even a final price point adjustment by HH, by leaving the $15.99 standoffs as the only EXB upgrade.
The EXB roller is a full on upgrade kit. The price is excellent as it stands IMHO.
Standoffs look beefy. Will probably be in demand nonetheless. I know I would want them for my V4 Kraton. Inexpensive too. Its just on B/O status for now.:cool:
Got mines on pre-order now.
I’m gonna try and compare as many of the arrma branded upgrades against the competition. I have some M2C ones that I will be comparing the arrma ones with. :)

M2C filled the gap pretty well in the upgrade dept. as well as other Companies. Arrma stepped up and listened. We all wanted something Stout out of the box.(y)

Those are really nice. Machined out of one piece with no bolt going thru...
I just pre-ordered 3 sets for $24 (2 day shipping) ? Turn out I had reward points on HH's website!

20200722_113241.jpg
20200722_113302.jpg

That was a nice surprise!

There are two issues with the Savox 1210 (actually 3 if you add in how overpriced they are.)

1. You need to shim it a lot to fit this new mount. It's not even close.

2. The opening is so tight and the Savox servo lead is higher up thus making it nearly impossible to fit the servo in without damaging the wires.

View attachment 90527

Hope you don't mind me sharing... a round file fixed the wire issue with the exb servo mount for the savox 1210sg for me. It isnt super pretty, but I think its acceptable. I also trimmed the plastic piece as well.

Edit*** Fyi for anyone that does this, you need to keep the plastic piece you trim off if you want to use the same screws. That plastic piece is what the screws thread into. It still worked fine.

Attachments

• 20200722_215232.jpg
    20200722_215232.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20200722_215236.jpg
    20200722_215236.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 20200722_215402.jpg
    20200722_215402.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hope you don't mind me sharing... a round file fixed the wire issue with the exb servo mount for the savox 1210sg for me. It isnt super pretty, but I think its acceptable. I also trimmed the plastic piece as well
That's why my guy at the LHS said he's done in the past. Makes sense. It's just a shame to take a file to a brand new truck. But it beats ruining a servo ???

That's all you could have done. I'm surprised they used 12ga instead of matching the 10ga ESC wire. I'm sure your bats are 8ga.
I never even noticed. I hope it's not a problem.

Longer wires would have messed up the kanooter valve trans-functioner and shorted out the congibeator (con-gib-e-ator) inside the rectifier modular twin screw extruder. Don't ya know?
Spacy in the falamango with some salt and pepper on the compalati belgem looooool

Is it possible the clip the motor wires going through could be moved to one of the empty holes on the bottom of the roll cage, or would place them in a spot that could get damaged in a bad landing or roll over?

I'm at the point where I need to get the battery connections squared away. After that I will bind it, calibrate the ESC, fine tune the ESC settings and set the suspension geometry. The only aftermarket parts I used was the HR servo horn/linkage and an old M2C rear skid.

View attachment 90536View attachment 90537View attachment 90538

Even with longer wires the plugs can unplug often with me. Now i put zip tie to hold both plugs, male on female. Even if it add work to remove them, have to cut the zip tie, put new on, i prefer put them anyway.

There is a trick for xt60 that I do with the drones and it may work with the xt90 but I haven’t tried it. Put a wooden toothpick jammed into the male end like a catheter and snap it off flush. It putS enough tension that it shouldn’t slide out anymore. The drones eject battery’s with massive force and this solved it. The xt90 is bigger so I’m not sure a toothpick would work but a wood bbq skewer??

Velcro properly securing connections (XT90's), the lipo and its leads works for me. Never an issue. If I eject a lipo from MASSIVE force in an RC rig and that connector doesn't detach, I incur way more carnage. Detaching connectors can work to your advantage if you think about it. Sounds against the grain. Ripped out ESC's, motor leads, and dead shorts/fire, all this from ejected lipos from hard impacts . Been there. Drones are a different animal to a large extent. The operational physics are obviously different. But a crash is a crash for any RC. I want my connector to detach when my Lipo ejects.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back