Bick's Kraton 8s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some bling for the big girl ?

Screenshot_20200206-102403_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200206-102335_eBay.jpg

I need avoid these cool 8s threats

My wife is very angry on me. And im just doing with one Talion 6s
LOL

If i got one of these 8S 1:5 Kraton it would be single life then LOL.
Don't call it 1/5 scale. It triggers a lot of people ?

Got the pillow ball retainers on. Super nice and tight fit. The caps are really nice too. They make it much easier to use that crappy wheel nut wrench it comes with ?
20200212_090501.jpg
20200212_090601.jpg
20200212_090606.jpg

Well out with the old and in with the new. Removed the Dynamite Fuze 56114 800kv motor and installed the Hobbystar 5687 1100kv motor. I'm still running the @PPS-RC prototype motor slide and I've went with a 31t pinion. I hope I can run punch 4 or 5 without cogging. I'll test this setup until my Castle combo comes in ???

20200226_154248.jpg
20200226_184754.jpg

UPDATE!

I just ran the Hobbywing 5687 with the 31t pinion and all I can say it that is MILES better than the Dynamite Fuze 56114 800kv motor! Holy hell the truck ran like a Kraton 6S. I ran PUNCH 5 and it didn't cog in the slightest. Acceleration was better than the Dynamite. It wheelied on demand. It rotated effortlessly in the air. I wish I had my big ramps because I felt I could have pulled off a double. It's insane. The only things that were not quite as good as the Fuze were heat and top end. The Fuze definitely runs cooler, but that's not to say the HW was smoking hot. It was just a tad hotter. And as far as top end goes, I think the Fuze has it by a few mph. But the positives blow those two issues away. What a great motor for this truck!

I'll try to get some videos up in the near future. I'm dealing with some personal issues that may take me out of town for a bit (my mom is very ill.)

UPDATE!

I just ran the Hobbywing 5687 with the 31t pinion and all I can say it that is MILES better than the Dynamite Fuze 56114 800kv motor! Holy hell the truck ran like a Kraton 6S. I ran PUNCH 5 and it didn't cog in the slightest. Acceleration was better than the Dynamite. It wheelied on demand. It rotated effortlessly in the air. I wish I had my big ramps because I felt I could have pulled off a double. It's insane. The only things that were not quite as good as the Fuze were heat and top end. The Fuze definitely runs cooler, but that's not to say the HW was smoking hot. It was just a tad hotter. And as far as top end goes, I think the Fuze has it by a few mph. But the positives blow those two issues away. What a great motor for this truck!

I'll try to get some videos up in the near future. I'm dealing with some personal issues that may take me out of town for a bit (my mom is very ill.)
Hobbywing to the rescue ? Duperbash and Rcdude run them so they can't be bad..!!
Hope your mom gets better soon..??

Currently have a 25tooth pinion in mine with the max5 and the 1100kv motor. I watched some of your videos but didn’t quite figure out if you have tried a 30 tooth or above? Any ideas on how it would go? You gave me the idea to grab a k8s!

Currently have a 25tooth pinion in mine with the max5 and the 1100kv motor. I watched some of your videos but didn’t quite figure out if you have tried a 30 tooth or above? Any ideas on how it would go? You gave me the idea to grab a k8s!
Go 31t.

i have my punch set at 2 and the car still wheelies. I do agree with this motor running hot. That is why i installed a fan to keep the temps down.

Did a quick test if the PrimalRC servo and it definitely turns the truck better than the Savox SW0241. 73kg vs 555 oz and it's faster too. I saw it in eBay for $55. Definitely the way to go. It's about the same torque as the Spektrum but not as fast. It's also almost a quarter the price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back