Kraton Big bodies for the kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewSensei

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
I'm trying to find a body that has the same wheelbase as the Kraton 6s but is large enough to cover the wheels. Basically I wanna try and make it into a giant car of some sort...depending on what's out there. I was hoping to find a sporty body, like a Porsche, Camero, Delorean...Knight Industries Two Thousand...you know, something sleek or just plane cool...anyhow, has anyone seen something like this? How do you shop for such a thing when wheelbase seems to be the last thing on manufacturers minds?

Last edited:
That doesn't exist and would look ridiculously wide and limit suspension travel/turning. Even short course trucks which have a narrower track compared to their length look a bit off and flattened with "scale" lids.

That doesn't exist and would look ridiculously wide and limit suspension travel/turning. Even short course trucks which have a narrower track compared to their length look a bit off and flattened with "scale" lids.
I'd hardly expect to get away without some modification. I'm sure there has to be a large scale (as in size) Porsche or beetle...with different tires it's not actually that wide compared to length. Though larger the wheelbase of the kraton seems to be on par with that of my senton. For that matter, they use the same suspension to make a senton 6s don't they? If I remember someone had mentioned it's chassis was actually shorter than the kraton's chassis...anyhow, what I mean to find is a large scale (as in size) body that doesn't have to look scale just sporty and large enough scale (as in size) to fit on the Kraton. If it's big enough to fit how would this limit the steering at all? Does the senton's steering get limited by its body? Not so far as I can tell...and my intention is to make it work, I just need a decent starting point ;)
http://deadbodies.co.uk/

Mabey you like this carbon fiber.

And go check out Proline body's mabey something you like
That's the problem, I've no idea what would fit, the don't really advertise rc bodies like real cars with wheelbase in mind :(

The Kraton is 15(ish) inches from hub to hub, if they used wheelbase at all i could search by that to find what I want but they don't. I was hoping y'all would know how to find these things online but I guess I'm stuck :/
I like this, this would look nice...wish they'd include measurements, so ridiculous that no one who sells bodies puts any sort of measurements we can use to match to our vehicles. How do they expect us to shop for this stuff? So frustrated ?

The Kraton is 15(ish) inches from hub to hub, if they used wheelbase at all i could search by that to find what I want but they don't. I was hoping y'all would know how to find these things online but I guess I'm stuck :/

I like this, this would look nice...wish they'd include measurements, so ridiculous that no one who sells bodies puts any sort of measurements we can use to match to our vehicles. How do they expect us to shop for this stuff? So frustrated ?
I was just giving you a jumping off point. You probably wanna look for 1/5 scale bodies. Email the sellers and ask them how big they are.

I was just giving you a jumping off point. You probably wanna look for 1/5 scale bodies. Email the sellers and ask them how big they are.
I don't use ebay anymore. I got acammed a few times back when it was still relatively new. Lost almost $1000 to people sending me bricks instead of DVD players or my favorite the bags of water instead of a new bike frame among other shady things...anyhow, thanks Jon :)

Google HPI Baja dimensions and you'll figure it out. It'll probably be too big.

Anyway, Kraton is 360ish mm WB, Senton is 330ish, as are all other 1/10 SCTs and 1/8 buggies. The suspension is different to the Kraton in almost every part!

Full fendered bodies work on short course trucks because they have small wheels compared to MTs/truggies. They also fit on 1/8 buggies.

I don't use ebay anymore. I got acammed a few times back when it was still relatively new. Lost almost $1000 to people sending me bricks instead of DVD players or my favorite the bags of water instead of a new bike frame among other shady things...anyhow, thanks Jon :)
Ebay has come along way in terms of sellers. I got scammed as well back then. Times are different. Use paypal when checking out. Paypal will cover any issues without a problem. And they withdraw from the sellers bank if issues arise.

That said just check the sellers ratings before buying. Any negative and hard pass. You'll be just fine.

Google HPI Baja dimensions and you'll figure it out. It'll probably be too big.

Anyway, Kraton is 360ish mm WB, Senton is 330ish, as are all other 1/10 SCTs and 1/8 buggies. The suspension is different to the Kraton in almost every part!

Full fendered bodies work on short course trucks because they have small wheels compared to MTs/truggies. They also fit on 1/8 buggies.

Your kraton must be a mini...mine is close to 380mm (15 inches) from hub to hub..

If they were that close the senton body would fit but the 10th scale senton is a lot smaller than my 8th scale kraton...

Ebay has come along way in terms of sellers. I got scammed as well back then. Times are different. Use paypal when checking out. Paypal will cover any issues without a problem. And they withdraw from the sellers bank if issues arise.

That said just check the sellers ratings before buying. Any negative and hard pass. You'll be just fine.
Now you're talking two things I no longer trust...I pretty much exclusively use Amazon because I can use my debit card and if something happens Amazon will fix it..for online shopping it's Amazon and Walmart. I know I've limited myself, I also dropped Facebook due to ID theft..damage is already done but I stopped using it qay before theu stole $100k from me through fraudulent credit cards and other things...I started on BBS's and was there on the ground floor for all the early internet shenanigans so I guess I have ptsd from it or something, it's like a hard lock ?

Last edited:
Your kraton must be a mini...mine is close to 380mm (15 inches) from hub to hub..

Whatever, I was going from memory... Even with the 30 mm difference it would probably look like crap if you put a full fender body on it.

Whatever, I was going from memory... Even with the 30 mm difference it would probably look like crap if you put a full fender body on it.

Yeah, it totally would if you don't change anything. I want to make it look more car/truck which means smaller tires, different body mounts, new body, lose the wing and probably some modding but it's still the same effective chassis as what they have on the mojave and senton 3s...just a different size and neither of those vehicles look bad...I think Jon was on the mark though. Looking at 1/4 and 1/5 scale bodies is getting me MUCH closer to what I want ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back