Big Bore Aluminum Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbell

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys,

Picked up a set of big bore aluminum shocks off eBay a week or so ago for my Senton 3s. Filled them with 50wt and slapped them on. I’ve noticed that adjusting the spring height all the way up helps with cornering however, hinders ride height. Guess its something that just needs adjustment until I find what I like. My question is, do these need a “bladder”? I’ve watched a few YouTube videos on rc suspension and I’m seeing people having bladders in their suspension. Not very knowledgeable with suspension which is why I’m reaching out.

Thanks in advance

I think if you tried to insert a bladder on those it would rupture due to its design.
Note that if you take the shock cap off, the top of the shockrod makes a decent amount of contact in the center of the cap when it bottoms out.

Ah, ic. So would that mean that it’s an “emulsion” type of shock? Fill them, bleed them, top off, and screw on cap?

If these are the same shocks I'm thinking of they don't have a bleeder hole in the cap. You have to fill them and turn it upside down and bleed air from the bottom cap where the shock rod passes through.
If the shocks perform well with minor adjustment I'd run them just like they are

I’ll have to try that out. Thank you guys for the feedback

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back