BIG lipo chargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylerc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I’ve been shopping around a little bit and I haven’t been having a lot of luck finding an affordable (<$200) charger 200watts or more. I’ve been using my 80w chargers for the past couple years and they serve me well but now that I’m getting into bigger batteries I want to be able to charge a 6s at 8-10 amps if I want to. Let me know what’s out there. tia!

I’ve been shopping around a little bit and I haven’t been having a lot of luck finding an affordable (<$200) charger 200watts or more. I’ve been using my 80w chargers for the past couple years and they serve me well but now that I’m getting into bigger batteries I want to be able to charge a 6s at 8-10 amps if I want to. Let me know what’s out there. tia!
I've only just picked this up to replace a 100 watt charger, it's capable of 300 watts on AC. More than double that with a 24v DC power supply, so for high amp charging and or dual battery charging at high amps is going to require a charger powered via DC.

https://www.smc-racing.com/Chargers?product_id=541

Regarding 6s at 8-10 amps: 6s peaks at 25.2 volts so at 8 amps that is just over 200 watts. 10 amps is just over 250 watts. (volts x amps = watts)

On my old charger 6s would peak out at 4amps for 100 watts. I wanted something I could charge 2 6s at 5 amps.

Cheapest is to go DC. Get or build a 24V PSU, then you can find chargers that do 200+ pretty easily.

I have a couple cheap revolectric GT500's ($100 a piece at the time) that will do 20A/500W at 24V DC. I use those with my trusty dynamite 4x100w/4x10A charger to charge up 6-8 packs at a time. I parallel charge 2x3S or 2x4S on the GT500's at 15A.

You can get an iSDT Q8 Max that does 30A/1000W at 24V DC for $90:
https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-Touchscreen-Battery-Charger-Discharger/dp/B087CJZTXJ

Or the normal Q8 that does 20A/500W for $60:
https://www.amazon.com/BattGo-Battery-Balance-Charger-Discharger/dp/B0823SJJ6R

I ended up building a 24V PSU out of a couple HP 12V 72A/1100W power supplies. I bought a set that were dell psu's, but the fans drove me nuts. Sold that and got the HP's to build my own.

I'm using the Dell supplies and there is a rather simple fan mod, they are barely audible and provide ample cooling up to ~ 50%, which is plenty for myself.
It's as simple as pulling one additional pin low.

I'm using the Dell supplies and there is a rather simple fan mod, they are barely audible and provide ample cooling up to ~ 50%, which is plenty for myself.
It's as simple as pulling one additional pin low.
I couldn't find anything to deal with the fans for the ones I had. Other than cutting the fan wire and soldering in a resistor... which wasn't the easiest thing to get to.

I have neither the time or patience to mess around with making my own, so I bought THIS, it's a beast, 600Wx2 AC, 25A per channel.
After my hitec d7 went wonky on me, I decided to make things more separated. Then if a piece dies, it doesn't cost so much. That is a horse of a charger though!

This
20201115_113644.jpg
20201115_114108.jpg

Hota D6. 325w per channel (with DC power supply not included). Fantastic charger.

Ive been looking up chargers for 2-3 days in a row lmfao! I was trying to stay AC, but I might get the HOTA D6+ or something similar for now and use it on AC. Then later on get a 24v external psu and wire it up for DC and get the higher charging output.

Ive been looking up chargers for 2-3 days in a row lmfao! I was trying to stay AC, but I might get the HOTA D6+ or something similar for now and use it on AC. Then later on get a 24v external psu and wire it up for DC and get the higher charging output.
There are more options for great chargers once you go DC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back