Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Big problems with new Proline wheels. Pro-line Racing Badlands MX28 2.8" MTD Raid Black 6x30 F/R

Knust

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Bought a set of these and the 17mm hub to run on my truggified Senton 6s. First or second run one of the hubs cracked. A couple more runs and two more cracked. I've only run them on 4s, and can't imagine what will happen on 6s. I e-mailed Proline and they said they will send me a free set of plastic 17mm hubs. That's all well and good but i'm sure they will break as well. They also let me know they have aluminum adapters for 12mm and 17mm. They're $40 a pair. At the end of this to have a usable tire and wheel I will have $160 in them. Is it just me or is that outrageous.

Attachments

CofNailz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Yeah that's a little nuts. You shouldn't have to buy extra parts just to use one part, especially at that price. Hunt around you might find a better deal.
Awesome body, I love how the Bugs look.

Knust

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Thanks. Only place that has them as of now is proline site. I wish thee were more 2.8 17mm options.

Last edited:

BashingBrian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s, Senton
Thats just robbery..!!!
I doubt I would buy any more Pro-Line wheels/tyres after my last set..😩

JuanDLAT78

Reaction score
When I first saw these i thought “I like the look of the raid wheel. But i don’t know about the adapter part.” Then I saw the price of the aluminum hex. And said nope. Guess I’ll wait for others to try them before I get any of the wheels.

And yeah, seems like proline is the only one that makes a 17mm 2.8 wheel.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
That's kind of a crappy design. I was kind of looking forward to the "adapter" wheels/tires they have just so I could switch them if needed. But after seeing your photo's, they are really thin walled near the hex without any ribbing for support. Unless you get the alloy center hubs/adapters, there's no way they won't crack. Pretty crappy proline.

JuanDLAT78

Reaction score
I bet if they made the plastic adapter the exact same size as the aluminum one it be better.
F0D17749-81CC-4014-986A-21D2B5F4047F.jpeg49CB984A-4960-4C0D-949D-5E427CFC620B.jpeg

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Wow! Yep! That's pretty stupid of them... or smart. I'll stick with it being a "jerk move" to promote selling the alloy bits.

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.