Big problems with new Proline wheels. Pro-line Racing Badlands MX28 2.8" MTD Raid Black 6x30 F/R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PL Brute armor white body for the Kraton is a nightmare at $85.00. Supposedly pre-cut and drilled. Sent the first one back, second was no better.
The sides are too short and barely cover the chassis and the body post holes are not aligned to the Kratons. Ugly as sin. The white color doesn't bother me. If it actually fit properly, I would not care if it had pink poka dots. Thank goodness I got 50% off on a PL discount to begin with or I would be an even bigger loser.:ROFLMAO: I would rather be a 50% loser than a total loser. :LOL:PL service blows. I don't even want to talk with them anymore. Tired of their nonsense talk and apologies. They never accept blame for defects. They will offer you a discount on your next purchase that is negotiable. That's their way of making things better. They wear you out for sure.
Years ago I worked at Staples Corporate. I was in a department that would get the escalated customer issues that stores and regular customer service couldn't handle "irate customers". We were taught "The customer is always right...mostly". We'd usually do what Proline did to you. That is, keep your money, but issue a coupon that would bring you back to us to spend money. Not to mention the coupon amount was never more than the product bought. That way we still made a profit.
Pro tip: At Staples, always say you're P1$$ed and demand a coupon as compensation. You'll most likely get one.

Honestly I think that was a combination of user erro and that Faulty PL adapter design.
The 8 screw larger PL wheels are better IMHO.
Just from my armachair that is.:LOL:
I wont buy any of these for this reason.
And the upgrade alloy adapters are just crazy expensive. Overpriced and not $$ practical as wheels go for my wallet.
Just me.

What did you hit?
Don't know 🤷‍♂️ drove around here..

IMG_20211114_104710.jpg

I tried these proline adapters and SC badlands on my Senton 6S. Fortunately I noticed that the truck didn't roll well before I used them. My Hobbytown confirmed with Proline that the wheels and hex adapters don't work on the Senton 6S. They looked really nice, but seemed to bind everything when trying to roll.

That sucks. I run the same tires/wheels with 14mm hubs on my Vorteks and haven't had any issues. It gets bashed decently hard, but it doesn't get launched 30 feet into the air or anything too crazy. I also have some on a Voltage with 12mm hexes but of course that doesn't "bash" much at all. One thing I notice looking at your pictures; it looks to me like the 14mm hexes are actually beefier than the 17mm on these wheels. Is it just my eyes playing tricks?
20211215_173934.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back