Big problems with new Proline wheels. Pro-line Racing Badlands MX28 2.8" MTD Raid Black 6x30 F/R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knust

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
Bought a set of these and the 17mm hub to run on my truggified Senton 6s. First or second run one of the hubs cracked. A couple more runs and two more cracked. I've only run them on 4s, and can't imagine what will happen on 6s. I e-mailed Proline and they said they will send me a free set of plastic 17mm hubs. That's all well and good but i'm sure they will break as well. They also let me know they have aluminum adapters for 12mm and 17mm. They're $40 a pair. At the end of this to have a usable tire and wheel I will have $160 in them. Is it just me or is that outrageous.

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 250
Thanks. Only place that has them as of now is proline site. I wish thee were more 2.8 17mm options.

Last edited:
That's just robbery..!!!
I doubt I would buy any more Pro-Line wheels/tyres after my last set..?

Last edited:
When I first saw these i thought “I like the look of the raid wheel. But i don’t know about the adapter part.” Then I saw the price of the aluminum hex. And said nope. Guess I’ll wait for others to try them before I get any of the wheels.

And yeah, seems like proline is the only one that makes a 17mm 2.8 wheel.

That's kind of a crappy design. I was kind of looking forward to the "adapter" wheels/tires they have just so I could switch them if needed. But after seeing your photo's, they are really thin walled near the hex without any ribbing for support. Unless you get the alloy center hubs/adapters, there's no way they won't crack. Pretty crappy proline.

Wow! Yep! That's pretty stupid of them... or smart. I'll stick with it being a "jerk move" to promote selling the alloy bits.
Hmm.... I'm sorry...
ECX also done that with their creaky plastic parts... great marketing ploy (5 yrs ago great) then want $$ for they're decent heavy duty alu parts? No. Saving up for Kraton 6S or Tekno MT.... already over build/ paid my ECX 4x4 to actually drive without something failing....i replace/ upgrade when it breaks. which is stupid fast...but at a cost? 2cc. Still love RC.... just seem to wrench/spend much more than play.

Another PL Blip again. I see a pattern here. :LOL: If the wheels were beadlocked and clearly reusuable( no glue), I might consider the whole setup including the alloy Hub adapters($80. Ouch) But the HP belted tires are not sold separately anyway. I guess that's a moot point.:unsure: The Trencher HP's are not going to do well after the initial hype dies down and they are seen for what they really are. !@#$%^&* ,IMO.
PL is smart. They never acknowledge a defect. Ever. They bend over to make you happy without solving a known issue. Strange business model if you ask me. At least they also use Vaseline.

Another PL Blip again. I see a pattern here. :LOL: If the wheels were beadlocked and clearly reusuable( no glue), I might consider the whole setup including the alloy Hub adapters($80. Ouch) But the HP belted tires are not sold separately anyway. I guess that's a moot point.:unsure: The Trencher HP's are not going to do well after the initial hype dies down and they are seen for what they really are. !@#$%^&* ,IMO.
PL is smart. They never acknowledge a defect. Ever. They bend over to make you happy without solving a known issue. Strange business model if you ask me. At least they also use Vaseline.
Smart make a product with a failure point that is cheap to replace.

I hate proline. I can confidently say their basher bodies are crap too. The people that work in their call centres are useless too.

Oh well hope this all saves somebody aggravation.

The PL Brute armor white body for the Kraton is a nightmare at $85.00. Supposedly pre-cut and drilled. Sent the first one back, second was no better.
The sides are too short and barely cover the chassis and the body post holes are not aligned to the Kratons. Ugly as sin. The white color doesn't bother me. If it actually fit properly, I would not care if it had pink poka dots. Thank goodness I got 50% off on a PL discount to begin with or I would be an even bigger loser.:ROFLMAO: I would rather be a 50% loser than a total loser. :LOL:PL service blows. I don't even want to talk with them anymore. Tired of their nonsense talk and apologies. They never accept blame for defects. They will offer you a discount on your next purchase that is negotiable. That's their way of making things better. They wear you out for sure.

It's gonna be interesting to see if anything changes now that Horizon Hobby bought out Pro-Line....Although I believe PL is still gonna operate as is and out of current location.
So basically, Pro-Line operation stays the same and Horizon Hobby is thier "Pimp Daddy'???

Old thread but I'll post my experiences. I just got a set of Badlands SC tires mounted on Raid wheels. Out of the box and brand new, all the removable hexes have cracks in them, I bet they wouldn't last long. I took pictures and contacted the hobby shop that sold me these. I hope warranty goes ok with these, too bad I had to order them abroad, because none of the shops in my country didn't have these.

Yeah PL kind of forces you to buy the alloy hex adapters. Very expensive.
Using plastic adapters, they will always Crack. To me, those new PL wheels are cost prohibitive for this reason. PL wheels were better before they came up with removable adapters. But adapters makes them easier and less expensive to inventory many different size hex Wheels. Just my spin.

Last edited:
First trip with Mx28 belted, alu hex, and this happened. Not jumping, just fast driving on hard gravel / sand 🤦‍♂️

Hope this was just a Monday wheel.. 🙏

(Truggified Typhon 6s)

View attachment 180130
Holy hell dude no way!! I am sorry to see that. That is wild. They must have had some quality issues on that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back