Big Rock 3s blinking red light on ESC, blinking red light on ttx300, will not bind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D0F1X3Rr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Outcast 4s
Last night I decided to fire up my Big Rock 3s. Plugged in the battery, turned on the TTX300 transmitter, then turned on the ESC.

- Transmitter was flashing red (continuously)
- ESC flashed green once (1 beep), then continuous blinking red lights. (no beeps)
- First thing I did was go through the go into the tuning options of the ESC and verify everything was configured with the properly (default settings). Configuration was fine.
- Next I tried re-calibrating the throttle, but the transmitter would not go into the proper mode. When I tried to go into the mode, it would not respond properly.
- I then tried to re-bind the transmitter to the ESC. That was unsuccessful as well. Transmitter keeps flashing red.
- Also inspected and re-seated the cables to make sure connections were securely seated.

The last thing I am going to try after I get home from work is taking the receiver out of my Granite 4x4 and putting into the Big Rock...
But has anyone seen or encountered this? I've read a couple of forums on this site regarding similar issues, but they've all concluded to be open-ended or just flat out a bad ESC. Thoughts or suggestions?

I'd just say to narrow it down to the ESC and ensure that's the cause of the issue. If you have another fully working vehicle, then you can ensure it's not the transmitter/receiver by swapping parts. Try resetting the TTX300 too, if you haven't already. Factory reset instructions for the transmitter can be found in the manual on Hobbico's site. Maybe also try replacing/swapping the batteries in the unit to ensure they aren't low.

I'd just say to narrow it down to the ESC and ensure that's the cause of the issue. If you have another fully working vehicle, then you can ensure it's not the transmitter/receiver by swapping parts. Try resetting the TTX300 too, if you haven't already. Factory reset instructions for the transmitter can be found in the manual on Hobbico's site. Maybe also try replacing/swapping the batteries in the unit to ensure they aren't low.
Will do. I will give that a try. Thanks!

Will do. I will give that a try. Thanks!
Yeah, hopefully you figure it out. Flashing red on the transmitter definitely sounds like it could be a low battery warning, so I would start with replacing those before taking anything else apart.

Yeah, hopefully you figure it out. Flashing red on the transmitter definitely sounds like it could be a low battery warning, so I would start with replacing those before taking anything else apart.
No that I think about it more...my 2 year old will sometimes leave the transmitters on all day. That could possibl

Yooo!! That was it!! Man, I feel kinna stupid. I was trying to over complicate things and here all along it was just dying batteries on the transmitter.

But thanks for steering me in the right direction!

No that I think about it more...my 2 year old will sometimes leave the transmitters on all day. That could possibl

Yooo!! That was it!! Man, I feel kinna stupid. I was trying to over complicate things and here all along it was just dying batteries on the transmitter.

But thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Awesome, that's a simple fix. I remember when the light on my Traxxas transmitter did the same thing and confused me for a minute.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back