Big rock 3s screw kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wags1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Does anyone know of a stainless steel screw kit for the big rock c.c 3s? The stock screw hex heads seem to strip easily. Thanks!

Just make sure you're manually tightening and loosening them and not using any type of power tool to do so. Power tools are fine for putting them in and yanking them out once the manual tool has done its job but never start or finish them with one.

I'd stay clear from stainless as they are much softer than black oxided units, which translates to easier stripped heads and/or broken fasteners. This is coming from a jet engine technician :)

Like SledgeHog mentioned above, refrain from using power tools. If you lack the energy, eat more red meat lol

I've had great success with Tony Screws (located in NJ)..

Does anyone know of a stainless steel screw kit for the big rock c.c 3s? The stock screw hex heads seem to strip easily. Thanks!
I'm almost willing to bet the issue is more the tools you are using than the screws themself. What hex wrenches are you using?

I know stainless steel is pretty but I'd also suggest going with black oxide screws over stainless steel as black oxide screws are typically MUCH stronger than stainless steel.

I'm almost willing to bet the issue is more the tools you are using than the screws themself. What hex wrenches are you using?

I know stainless steel is pretty but I'd also suggest going with black oxide screws over stainless steel as black oxide screws are typically MUCH stronger than stainless steel.
Im using a dynimte hex kit that comes in a black pouch. I agree, they're not the best.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back