Big Rock Big rock 3s Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joferson

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi! I just got my second RC the Big Rock 3s. Any suggestion what tires will be the best for upgrade?
and also what other parts should I upgrade?

The best upgrade I’ve done so far is the hot racing hub extenders +10mm 17mm hex and proline badlands mx28 tires. They make it a whole new beast!

The best upgrade I’ve done so far is the hot racing hub extenders +10mm 17mm hex and proline badlands mx28 tires. They make it a whole new beast!

ok but you don't have a heat problem?
because once I got a proline trencher and tie it got the most hot.
because what spur gear and pinion do you have.
must say that I made it a 4s ?

Hi! I just got my second RC the Big Rock 3s. Any suggestion what tires will be the best for upgrade?
and also what other parts should I upgrade?
The list I would make is in order:

New radio if it came with the STX2
Servo, DS3225MG
Servo saver, Kimbrough 124
Rubber sealed bearings
Adjustable motor mount
Steel spur
18t pinion
Hot Racing aluminum yokes
Hot Racing 17mm hexes
MX28 Badlands
T-Bone bumper

The list I would make is in order:

New radio if it came with the STX2
Servo, DS3225MG
Servo saver, Kimbrough 124
Rubber sealed bearings
Adjustable motor mount
Steel spur
18t pinion
Hot Racing aluminum yokes
Hot Racing 17mm hexes
MX28 Badlands
T-Bone bumper
MX28 Badlands are those belted or ordinary ??
because I am looking for better tires ? and preferably not belted and that much gets hot ?

MX28 Badlands are those belted or ordinary ??
because I am looking for better tires ? and preferably not belted and that much gets hot ?
Mine are NOT belted. I did buy the belted Trenchers and did not like them at all. They were heavy and stiff. No bueno

The badlands non-belted are a great tire. I have been going between rough asphalt and grass and it still looks like it is barely worn. I have since stepped up to 3.8 tires and will try the 3.8 badlands if I can find them unmounted.

The badlands non-belted are a great tire. I have been going between rough asphalt and grass and it still looks like it is barely worn. I have since stepped up to 3.8 tires and will try the 3.8 badlands if I can find them unmounted.
I’ve ran my MX28s more than any other tire so far and they are holding up great since I vented them. Before that, the rims would unglue every other run. The center lugs are missing the indents now, but still plenty of meat there. The one area that I’ve noticed with Badlands is that they lack lateral grip. This could be good or bad. They don’t traction roll in turns which is nice. But they slide sideways down hills when you might prefer more grip.

ok but you don't have a heat problem?
because once I got a proline trencher and tie it got the most hot.
because what spur gear and pinion do you have.
must say that I made it a 4s ?
I put the arrma motor fan on the heat sink. I’m running the blx185 and aftermarket motor 3674 2950kv. 17t pinion and don’t have heat issues

Do you have
do you have a picture of how you attached that blx185?
I also had doubts for a blx 185 but it was a bit bigger ? and I did not think it would fit in the same place ?
picture of hoe you

And how many miles per hour dose you cat go??
I Will try ?thank you

For now I have the esc rigged but it’s solid. I put it on a slight angle and lined up one of holes with the hole on the receiver box. I used a longer screw with a spacer and strong Velcro to keep it in place. It works for now until I take the time to make a better mount. I don’t have a good close up picture. I’m not sure how fast it goes but definitely faster than stock. It’s hard to handle wide open. 4s is too much lol. I had a 20t pinion in it and it was cool for speed runs but not for bashing. I ordered the adjustable motor mount to try other gearing. I’m going to try to get it to handle better. I’m waiting on parts.

Attachments

• 38863CD9-3A85-4C89-954E-64F87B92C1CB.jpeg
    38863CD9-3A85-4C89-954E-64F87B92C1CB.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 7D03E4DC-9DB3-442F-82B1-7D83C51AD37A.jpeg
    7D03E4DC-9DB3-442F-82B1-7D83C51AD37A.jpeg
    360.5 KB · Views: 101
Do you have
do you have a picture of how you attached that blx185?
I also had doubts for a blx 185 but it was a bit bigger ? and I did not think it would fit in the same place ?
picture of hoe you

And how many miles per hour dose you cat go??
I Will try ?thank you
I made a custom 3D printed plate to mount my BLX185 in my Typhon 3S. However, it’s a speed runner so I don’t need waterproof. I had to cut the stock radio box out and place my rx on the plate with the ESC. I wouldn’t do this for a basher. So far I’ve hit 111mph. ??

For now I have the esc rigged but it’s solid. I put it on a slight angle and lined up one of holes with the hole on the receiver box. I used a longer screw with a spacer and strong Velcro to keep it in place. It works for now until I take the time to make a better mount. I don’t have a good close up picture. I’m not sure how fast it goes but definitely faster than stock. It’s hard to handle wide open. 4s is too much lol. I had a 20t pinion in it and it was cool for speed runs but not for bashing. I ordered the adjustable motor mount to try other gearing. I’m going to try to get it to handle better. I’m waiting on parts.
awesome ? and thank you for the photos ? if this esc is broken I can go for the 185 ?
It also gets too hot when I'm jumping.

I made a custom 3D printed plate to mount my BLX185 in my Typhon 3S. However, it’s a speed runner so I don’t need waterproof. I had to cut the stock radio box out and place my rx on the plate with the ESC. I wouldn’t do this for a basher. So far I’ve hit 111mph. ??

Wtf 111 mhp ? wtf ?? nice job

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back