Big Rock Big rock 3S v3 won’t go when pushing something or trying to climb over stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyB

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Stock 3S Big Rock won’t move when I try to do something like rock crawl or push something.
The battery is full. It runs fine on flat ground, grass, road, etc. But even the SLIGHTEST resistance against it, it won't go. I've stopped it on the incline in my front yard that goes over the septic tank and even then it won't go. I have to back up a little bit and give it some space for it to do anything.

The video shows what I mean. The truck it's trying to push/run over is a light plastic toy truck. It also does the same thing when trying to push around an empty 5 gallon bucket on concrete/

This guy at my local hobby shop said he thinks the gearing is too big? It didn't sound right to me because it's stock and I would think these things should be able to push a toy truck or a 5 gallon bucket around with ease....

is this really how Arrma's are? or did I just get poop luck with the truck? I've been disappointed with this damn thing since I've got it. I should've just bought Traxxas like I've done all my life...

Make sure your throttle switch is at 100 and then calibrate the ESC.

We understand you just got the Arrma BigRock and recently gotten back into the hobby..

This would cause a bit of major downer if that's what we have to deal with ,right after investing our hard earn dollars..
So your venting is understandable.

However, these newer vehicles are much more programmable than what came before.. even the Entry level 3S line..

Perhaps just take a moment and read through the owner's manual.. for proper set up/calibration of the throttle..

We're here to help ,the best we can.
Many of the members here own multiple Arrmas (and in every level: 3S, 4S, 6S, 8S)

Folks certainly wouldn't be investing in THAT Many Arrmas if they are "poop"..

Arrma 3s trucks are designed for top end power and speed, not low speed, low end torque. You have to slam the trigger to get low end torque with these trucks. Were you doing full throttle in your video when you were attempting to get over the dump truck? They arent crawling trucks, but if you were hitting full throttle and that was its response, then somethings up.

The limp mode happens after excessive cogging. It's a protective feature.

Arrma 3s trucks are designed for top end power and speed, not low speed, low end torque. You have to slam the trigger to get low end torque with these trucks. Were you doing full throttle in your video when you were attempting to get over the dump truck? They arent crawling trucks, but if you were hitting full throttle and that was its response, then somethings up.

The limp mode happens after excessive cogging. It's a protective feature.
This. The 3s line is known for cogging and lack of low end torque. This cogging & lack of torque is especially noticeable with partial throttle application. Amain did a video where they compared a Vorteks and a Rustler (both brushless), the Vorteks had such little low end torque from a stand still that it couldn't even jump a curb or parking block. The Traxxas performed both of these feats with no problems. However, if that's the response when full throttle is applied, then yea something is definitely wrong.

My Granite with the VXL 3s Velineon combo rips :cool: ... so much so I blew up the rear diff on the last run...

I know my other stock Granite BLX does cog at lower speeds like you are seeing here but I have not noticed it to be a problem over rough terrain (as long as the car is moving, even slowly), I am also not trying to run over dump trucks though :). There is some useful advice here, also check your motor/battery connections, if you have one loose it can cause some wierdness.

Welcome back to the hobby!

Seems like you've lost a phase on your motor/bad esc to motor bullet connection or a bad cap pack. If that's the case, contact Horizon and they'll make it right. I've had bad solder joints from the factory and have had those connectors fail in the past.

Me and my brother both bought Big rocks from the same company on the same day and they had different size pinions in them meaning his cogged at low speed way worse than mine. I posted on here but no one else reported the same thing. I think stock is 15t and his was 19t or something. I've put a 13t on mine since because I prefer the torque over top speed for how I use it.

I find it interesting the OP hasn't replied?

3s BLXs are coggy down low and have a definite throttle lag on take off that isn't apparent once the car is moving.

But yeah back to your Traxxas you go 😜😜

I find it interesting the OP hasn't replied?

3s BLXs are coggy down low and have a definite throttle lag on take off that isn't apparent once the car is moving.

But yeah back to your Traxxas you go 😜😜
He was trying to see how seriously we would take his post. He might be laughing at us.
In case your post is a serious one, calibrate your throttle and check your slipper clutch. Could be loose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back