Big Rock Big Rock Advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chics LI

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So guys, I coiuld not make up my mind on buying a Krayton 4s or Typhon 3s so I pulled the trigger and ordered a Black Rock ,go figure seems that was really the one for me. Also ordered duratrax hubs and wheel extenders with mx28,s. Will get a t bone bumper also . Question,if I replace bearings with Fast Eddy or Avid do I have to replace the bushings along with steering rack bearings and if so are they all included in bearing set, also when I get the truck I want to check diff fluid. What weight is it and what weight shock oil come with truck. Sorry for long post but I know I’ll pester you guys as I get familiar with truck. Thanks, Tom S.

So guys, I coiuld not make up my mind on buying a Krayton 4s or Typhon 3s so I pulled the trigger and ordered a Black Rock ,go figure seems that was really the one for me. Also ordered duratrax hubs and wheel extenders with mx28,s. Will get a t bone bumper also . Question,if I replace bearings with Fast Eddy or Avid do I have to replace the bushings along with steering rack bearings and if so are they all included in bearing set, also when I get the truck I want to check diff fluid. What weight is it and what weight shock oil come with truck. Sorry for long post but I know I’ll pester you guys as I get familiar with truck. Thanks, Tom S.

The AVID pack I bought for my Big Rock Crew Cab came with steering bearings.

Hi Tom. Just to be clear, it's the Arrma Big Rock you are talking about, correct? You wrote Black Rock in your title and your message, so I thought you were asking about a truck from another brand.

Yes Big Rock long rough day “doh” feel kind off like a dummy or Homer Simpson..Thanks for info on steering rack bearings .i just was unsure if those steering rack bushings were included in kit or had to be bought separately. By the way what is the purpose of those red pivot balls I’ve seen on HR site. Tom S. How can I edit thread to correct itt it to “Big Rock” ?

Yes Big Rock long rough day “doh” feel kind off like a dummy or Homer Simpson..Thanks for info on steering rack bearings .i just was unsure if those steering rack bushings were included in kit or had to be bought separately. By the way what is the purpose of those red pivot balls I’ve seen on HR site. Tom S. How can I edit thread to correct itt it to “Big Rock” ?
Since you started the thread, you should be able to change it. Click on the box beside "Unwatch", the one with the 3 dots. You should be able to edit from there. About these pivot balls, could you attach a link to the page so we can see the part?

What weight shock oil and what weight diff fluid should I have on hand when I get truck. Just want to be sure I have the right stuff on hand when I get the truck and check everything before first use.

Junk the adapters and get Typhon Mega 550 axles. They 17mm and for like a glove. Don't break the ends

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back