Big rock big bore shocks normal being little low

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan207265_RC

Reaction score
So on my previous post I said what kind weight oil shocks is good on my big bore shocks that I got from eBay..so I put this time 35W instead 50W like last time that both set of big bore shocks bent the front on my vortex and typhon…so pictures shows how low it is with the new shocks and the second is I left the shocks to even with the back? So what u guys think is normal being like that in the front..thanx

23C7917A-CD5C-4173-A59B-4F15143F6BCF.jpeg

147F919F-CD9D-4EF1-ADBE-2EECFA34951F.jpeg

So on my previous post I said what kind weight oil shocks is good on my big bore shocks that I got from eBay..so I put this time 35W instead 50W like last time that both set of big bore shocks bent the front on my vortex and typhon…so pictures shows how low it is with the new shocks and the second is I left the shocks to even with the back? So what u guys think is normal being like that in the front..thanx

View attachment 208605

View attachment 208606
My first thought is that the springs are too soft. See the bollom coils of that progressive spring binding up? What is the rate on those springs?

This is what I like for off road. Just a little sag so there’s plenty of travel. I run 6s shocks though on all 3s cars.

6560DF21-0B62-496C-A2D9-D5B92B104927.jpeg

My first thought is that the springs are too soft. See the bollom coils of that progressive spring binding up? What is the rate on those springs?
I don’t know rate I just got them on eBay and seen people on YouTube putting on the big rock this is are the one I got…but I’ll check on the description tho..lol

2D2D800B-7429-41AC-B4AD-7F99C311FF92.png

This is what I like for off road. Just a little sag so there’s plenty of travel. I run 6s shocks though on all 3s cars.

View attachment 208609
Oh yeah so u think it’s normal for my big rock be a little low with these big bore shocks…

I don’t know rate I just got them on eBay and seen people on YouTube putting on the big rock this is are the one I got…but I’ll check on the description tho..lol

View attachment 208610

Oh yeah so u think it’s normal for my big rock be a little low with these big bore shocks…
I think it’s to low for off road honestly. Those springs don’t look strong enough.

Those eBay shock are not good. Shafts bend very easy and springs are too weak. Don't think the stock Big Rock springs will fit on those shocks, but not 100% sure. Maybe they will. But, honestly, the stock shocks are better than those eBay shocks. The eBay shocks are a downgrade. Don't even think parts are available if needed like shock shafts or rod ends.

What do you have to lose? 40 bucks, thats what you have to lose. Cause quite frankly, they are junk. I tried them. They really suck.
Yeah I know huh I’m thinking on that and I put 3 of them for my vorteks, typhon and big rock..😮 I’m just gonna return them and get the proline ones there expensive but it better then dealing on changing shocks..lol
That’s why they are 40 bucks THEY SUCK!
know I now…lol🥸😒
So u guys think the ZD shocks from Amazon are good then the big bore from Amazon I just return to look some good shocks for my vortex and big rock cuz I know already for my typhon the 6s shocks are good..

Yeah I know huh I’m thinking on that and I put 3 of them for my vorteks, typhon and big rock..😮 I’m just gonna return them and get the proline ones there expensive but it better then dealing on changing shocks..lol

know I now…lol🥸😒
So u guys think the ZD shocks from Amazon are good then the big bore from Amazon I just return to look some good shocks for my vortex and big rock cuz I know already for my typhon the 6s shocks are good..
Why are you upgrading your shocks? The stock ones work well, are reasonably tough, and super cheap to replace. You can get all 4 from JennysRC for a great price. The recent stock 3S shocks have yet to leak or have any other issues for me. Sure I broke one but I should have given the crash it took. I think you are wasting your money switching them for a basher. If you are racing them that is different, but even them the stock plastic ones are lighter and that is important for both speed and durabilit.

Why are you upgrading your shocks? The stock ones work well, are reasonably tough, and super cheap to replace. You can get all 4 from JennysRC for a great price. The recent stock 3S shocks have yet to leak or have any other issues for me. Sure I broke one but I should have given the crash it took. I think you are wasting your money switching them for a basher. If you are racing them that is different, but even them the stock plastic ones are lighter and that is important for both speed and durabilit.
Yeah u have point I just want to get good performance and last for bit..lol

The stock shocks work well and are quite durable. If you start bending shock shafts or breaking them, that would be the time to upgrad.
Yeah u right because I spend like $100 on those shocks for all 3 Arrma…lol but ur right tho I have 30 days to return them tho..👌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back