Outcast big rock converted to outcast, arm length?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicopotvin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi all,

Over the weeks I have slowly converted my Big Rock to an Outcast body.

Last part was upgrading to the original outcast wheels, but the are just waaaay bigger, and do not fit because of the arrms being narrower.
p.s. yes I did doublecheck if I ordered the correct ones..

Does anyone have the correct length of the outcast 4s arms, so I can have an idea what the difference is. All websites mention a different size, so if anyone can measure that up, that would be a great help.

Tnx!

80E6F61B-B48B-4854-8E37-050AEB0CDF24.JPG

You didn't state which version BR you have. There was a revision made to the most current one. I think.
Just get the OC arms and whatever related parts you need to do the changeover..
Hopefully others will chime in.
This has been done before.

Yes indeed. I have a big rock v3. Bought a couple of weeks ago. So should be the latest one?

The Outcast 4S uses wider arms (even that the Typhon / BRv3), it also uses different driveshafts, turnbuckles, steering blocks, hubs, axles, hexes, etc....

yeah, I noticed as well.. probably not worth it in the long run to change everything besides the arms as well. Bigrock is 11cm in length, Outcast is 12cm. I did order the hot racing extenders, so they will add the 1cm. let's see what happens.

yeah, I will probably shelve the tires for now (and keep them for the new 4s line) and get the badlands.

Share some more pics? Might look decent with the Granite wheels and tires too.

The typhon arms can help. They are longer, Plus they already have 17 mm hex . I wish I would have gotten them to start with instead of the hot racing extenders but I haven’t broken one yet and I’m not easy on it

Indeed some scrubbing was way overdue.

Arms on there are the originals, and already wider than the Granite. I Do have some Typhon RPM's I could add, but they are as wide as the original ones.

The Extenders came in. but since the backflip tires have a very (negative) offset. the extenders aren't wide enough. need an extra 7mm or so to clear the bumper and body..

Here are some pics.

62456FFB-5E9C-4E0A-915F-E1D44CB37054.JPG

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

Thank you! I think the Outcast body is wider then some of the bodies from proline and the granite body. Could you throw the Granite body on there and then see how the Backflip LPs will do?

I don't have a Granite body sadly enough.. only Big rock. that will fit, but need to revert back to the LWS Chassis to make it all fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back