Big Rock Big rock crew cab 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtGhost08

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I should be getting a big rock 3s soon. Is there anything that needs to be done before first run(diff shimming, screw tightening)? How well do the plastic diffs hold up? Is there aluminum options? I don't see aluminum sliders offered do you guys thing they will be in the future? I saw gpm makes a bolt on brace for the shock towers, has anyone tried these with good results? What upgraded servos are everyone running (would the pdi 6221 work here?
Sorry for all of the questions. I'm pumped for this truck and looking forward to bashing it!

I should be getting a big rock 3s soon. Is there anything that needs to be done before first run(diff shimming, screw tightening)? How well do the plastic diffs hold up? Is there aluminum options? I don't see aluminum sliders offered do you guys thing they will be in the future? I saw gpm makes a bolt on brace for the shock towers, has anyone tried these with good results? What upgraded servos are everyone running (would the pdi 6221 work here?
Sorry for all of the questions. I'm pumped for this truck and looking forward to bashing it!
No (no, can't hurt to check), good, not yet, Hot Racing makes some, Arrma has them in the works, haven't tried them, ADs-15 (no clue), congrats and have fun.

First thing I would say go for is make it wider and put some good tires on (most of us run proline badlands MX28). Man does it roll over easy in stock form. They come pretty tough right out of the box. I had no issues with stock servo, esc, or motor.

I 2nd Stiched comment too make it wider! You can use GPM's 14mm x 9mm thick Hub & the Granite Dboots 14mm Wheels & Tires which are a bit cheaper or buy the 12mm hubs to replace the stock 14mm then buy 12 x 17 mm extensions and the 2.8 Badlands on F-11 Wheels!
Or you could just buy Duratrax 14mm Wheels & tire sets here:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=duratrax+14mm

What size bearings for the steering bellcrank?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back