Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab Backflip Fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Went back to the stock tires and tried some backflips. Blew a front wheel driveshaft on the first attempt. I landed a bunch earlier running the Granite tires. No go with the stockers.

Sounded like you were still on the throttle trying to get it to finish rotating when it hit the ground. And it looks a bit chilly there. I quit when it's below about 60 deg. Break too much if I don't. Duperbash I'm not.

Sounded like you were still on the throttle trying to get it to finish rotating when it hit the ground. And it looks a bit chilly there. I quit when it's below about 60 deg. Break too much if I don't. Duperbash I'm not.

I was definitely trying to muscle it around, lol. I had landed a bunch earlier with the Granite tires and I thought I could make it. Temps were around 42. Not terribly cold.

I was definitely trying to muscle it around, lol. I had landed a bunch earlier with the Granite tires and I thought I could make it. Temps were around 42. Not terribly cold.

I'm definitely getting the Granite tires and wheel combo now. They're not expensive at all compared to others and if they'll take 3s and improve my rig its worth it. I like the black wheels better anyway. Need to find an alternate front and rear bumper too.

It sounded to me like you lost traction coming off the ramp, I could hear the tires slipping.

I’m sure I did but it still should have rotated.
Not necessarily, if you were already above 70-80% throttle after exiting the jump you will not have enough power left over to make the vehicle rotate in the air.

Not necessarily, if you were already above 70-80% throttle after exiting the jump you will not have enough power left over to make the vehicle rotate in the air.

I’ve jumped these trucks enough to know it was the lack of rotating mass and the longer wheelbase. I had enough throttle, trust me ?

The Big Rock tires look nothing more than bigger SCT tires. Do they balloon any? As bad as the Granite tires can balloon and turn into pizza cutters in the air not surprised they push and flip around better with them on.

Which truck is more fun to drive? Granite or Big Rock? Haven’t seen any comparisons yet on the two together.

The Big Rock tires look nothing more than bigger SCT tires. Do they balloon any? As bad as the Granite tires can balloon and turn into pizza cutters in the air not surprised they push and flip around better with them on.

They really don’t ballon and I think they suck as MT tires.

You can really see the size difference here.

20181120_074052.jpg
20181120_074539.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back