Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab Backflip Fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a trip at the moment, but anxious to try these soon. I paired my old 12mm to 17mm HR hex adapters with 12mm Duratrax adapters and the fit seems about perfect. Lots more wheel options with 17mm hexes. Had already ordered some 14mm to 17mm ones, but they haven't arrived.
IMG_20181117_175015565.jpg
IMG_20181117_175116071.jpg
IMG_20181117_175207563.jpg

Just an update. I ran the Granite HARD in a rough and tumble, high speed neighborhood bash ?. Decided to go with borrowed Tekno shocks off my eb48.4 cuz I'm not using it right now and they're butter smooth ?. Went with 60/50 weight front/back. Holy Crap ?!!! This feels like a totally new animal. Yes the MX28's turned to semi pizza cutters at 50+, but the handling was next level ?. The HR adapters worked Killer. Had also bumped the punch up to 9. Can't wait to try this in the dirt soon. Hard to explain, but the fun factor just went through the roof. ????
IMG_20181124_100813255.jpg
IMG_20181124_100730687.jpg
IMG_20181124_101132137.jpg

alright alright alright....I got a 10% off coupon. I want a new 1/10th scale 4wd (only have a 2wd in 1/10th scale), what should it be Rich, the granite or big rock? I saw your granite video, looks freaking awesome. but that big rock body is fire tho..

alright alright alright....I got a 10% off coupon. I want a new 1/10th scale 4wd (only have a 2wd in 1/10th scale), what should it be Rich, the granite or big rock? I saw your granite video, looks freaking awesome. but that big rock body is fire tho..
It's up to you Bro ?. I chose the Granite cuz it's more like a mini Outcast or Proline Pro MT4X4. Flips, stunts, and turns easier and looked better for tight spots and skatepark duty?. Basically looked like more wild FUN ?. Plus I already have the Senton 3s which I could convert to a monster SCT or MT. Both look very quick and capable. Tough choice I guess.

I have the outcast. and it's by far the most fun out of all my rcs. if the granite is anything like it I think it just made the decision easier. it's just the granite body that puts me off a little compared to the big rock

Last edited:
I have the outcast. and it's by far the most fun out of all my rcs. if the granite is anything like it I think it just made the decision easier. it's just the granite body that puts me off a little compared to the big rock
Yeah the body looks kinda toy grade at first, but the color scheme has grown on me. The orange has some nice pop and it actually helps once you're hauling ass?. Easy to spot for a small rig.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back