Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old body took a beating, bed was cracked in different places and was only being held together by gorilla tape. Picked up a new one, and hit it with Spazstix Rootbeer. Love the color. Put on the new T-Bone rear bumper and fits the Proline Body perfectly. Wheelie Bars are pretty nice quality, but they are too high to be useful. I don't like wheelie bars on MTs anyway, so I removed them.

So if I understood correctly, in order to install 17mm tires, one would need to first install the 12mm Duratrax hexes and then install the Hot Racing adapters over them. Right? No other options?

Yessir. The stock hexes are 14mm. The HR adapters are 12mm to 17mm conversions. Another alternative is the Integy adapters that does not require the use of the Duratrax 12mm hexes, but I have not used them so I cannot speak for their fitment and durability.

So if I understood correctly, in order to install 17mm tires, one would need to first install the 12mm Duratrax hexes and then install the Hot Racing adapters over them. Right? No other options?
There is now another option that does not require the duratrax hex. HR has the adapters that fit right on. Hot Racing ATF117XT02

Thanks @ fbanawa

Been raining this passed week, figured I'd try and find a new body for the BRCC. Looked through some old stock at the LHS. The Proline Raptor for a T-Maxx and REVO was the closest match. It is a little wide, which forced me to trim out the wheel wells a little more, but I'm happy with it.
It's hard to tell from the pics, but did you change out the body mount posts? The front posts look quite a bit more narrow then the rear ones.

Yes, I changed the front body posts. They needed to be about 1/4" taller. I bought the Arrma body post kit and used the tallest posts.

RPM arms came in. Hopefully I can get some free time to get them installed this weekend.

Hey All, The BRCC is my first RC since I had a Tamiya Grasshopper 20 odd years ago and I am loving bashing it around! I have broken one of the velcro battery straps. Has anyone got any ideas for a stronger upgrade?

Hey All, The BRCC is my first RC since I had a Tamiya Grasshopper 20 odd years ago and I am loving bashing it around! I have broken one of the velcro battery straps. Has anyone got any ideas for a stronger upgrade?
I've never broken a strap on my BRCC. I don't know of any stronger velcro straps. I do put a strip of velcro on the chassis and battery to help secure it. That may take some of the load off your straps.

I wonder if RPM will ever offer those arms in blue? I’ve never bought any products from them, is black always standard for RPM arms?
Usually RPM makes them in blue and several other colors. But the arms were just released and it only shows black on website right now.

Just finished my first lot of modifications/fixes. T-bone bumper installed as the stock one snapped at the two posts that join it to the body mount. Changed to Rpm A-arms all round. Mounted the shocks on the outer holes which feels like it has improved the stability a bit. I also fabricated a battery box with a strap to better protect/secure the battery. Currently the nuts to secure it are a little fiddly, have ordered some thumb nuts which will hopefully make it a bit easier to change out. The box is made of 3mm steel. Does anyone see any issues I might have with this?

Hi there. I´m all new to RC so i had after purchasing me the BRCC an issue with widening the stance. I bought me the Duratrax hub adapters (DTXC3596) and this (Hot Racing HRAWH17HS01 6 MM Offset 17mm Hubs 12MM Hex Mount) as well as badlands. Now that i wanted to mount the tires i figured i bought the wrong ones cuz i cant mount them.
I bought those => #10125-14 and doing research i think i need the #10125-18 to make use of the HotRacing hubs. Now here´s my question. Should i buy new correct tires for about 80 bucks and try to sell the other ones or go for wheel wideners that fit for about 35$? Wideners that should fit r those according to some utube research https://www.der-schweighofer.at/Mini-12mm-Wheel-Widener-4-a239793 . Thx for your help and sorry for my poor englishskills. Greetings from Vienna.

I absolutely HATE the stock wheels/tires so I went with Proline MX28 2.8 Badlands
i am looking for tires for my granite blx with this hex adapters https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF117XT02;c=1345

and I wonder if only this proline 2.8 tires model is appropriate 10125-18?

or will this be fine 10125-15?

i saw 10125-18 have bigger inner hole and 10125-15 is smaller...

so I do not want to order the wrong tires for my granite blx.

tnx for your help

We just put on the +10mm HR adapters on my buddy's BRCC yesterday. He bought the 10125-18 badlands and they fit perfect. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think the 10125-15 will work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back