Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old body took a beating, bed was cracked in different places and was only being held together by gorilla tape. Picked up a new one, and hit it with Spazstix Rootbeer. Love the color. Put on the new T-Bone rear bumper and fits the Proline Body perfectly. Wheelie Bars are pretty nice quality, but they are too high to be useful. I don't like wheelie bars on MTs anyway, so I removed them.

View attachment 30320

View attachment 30321

Damn, @wricksta ! Very nice Barq's Root Beer color and clean work. Very clean. I love it. Simple and with extended hubs and Badlands your truck is sexy!
Very cool rig.
Thank you for all your help!

off topic but my grandparents lived in Clearwater. I worked as a cook at Joe Dugan's restaurant / club in Clearwater from 1988-1992. Still have good friends over there. ;):cool: lol My parents met in Clearwater, FL. haha

Edit: I'm down with smoked mullet. Is it still available?

We just put on the +10mm HR adapters on my buddy's BRCC yesterday. He bought the 10125-18 badlands and they fit perfect. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think the 10125-15 will work.
thank you...10125-18 badlands they are not currently in stock but will be soon.

i have at home duratrax 12mm whell hub adapter...
so it would be best if I buy hot racing 12mm to 17mm hex hub adapters 6mm or 10mm offset...this set almost everybody use including you...

I first looked at these new adapters from HR 10mm offset direct fit for 3s blx series...but now im not sure
which one to choose? :unsure:
what are you suggesting?

Before the new HR adapters came out, our only option was using duratrax 12mm hexes in conjunction with the older HR adapters.

Before the new HR adapters came out, our only option was using duratrax 12mm hexes in conjunction with the older HR adapters.
So before you mentioned above for a friend to buy these new hot racing 10mm offset adapters... Is there any space or slop from the new hub or does it fit pretty flush?

Old body took a beating, bed was cracked in different places and was only being held together by gorilla tape. Picked up a new one, and hit it with Spazstix Rootbeer. Love the color. Put on the new T-Bone rear bumper and fits the Proline Body perfectly. Wheelie Bars are pretty nice quality, but they are too high to be useful. I don't like wheelie bars on MTs anyway, so I removed them.

View attachment 30320

View attachment 30321
This body should be sold painted in this colour in the Arrma upgrade package. I really love it.

I was thinking wouldn't it be a good idea of making a list of compatible parts for the BRCC with the other types like the Granite, as reference for other BRCC owners, since BRCC upgrades are very few in shops.
Don't know how the shops in USA are equipped, but in the Netherlands upgrades for BRCC are very poor.
Or the number of BRCC sellings is lower then the other models, while here on the Arrmaforum there are lots of em.
Anyway this article did help me a lot, thanks all for sharing the info.

HELL YEAH!!!! This is the type of info I was looking for as far as upgrades for my Big Rock!!! Thank you, @wricksta!!
Also, has anyone installed these HR Driveshafts in their Big Rock? I still have the stock ones in mine and they are starting to pop loose at the plastic CV joint.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...Steel-CVD-Drive-Shafts-ATF288RC-/382761510662
They didn’t fit my Typhon and many others have said they break easier than the stock plastic ones. Arrma actually has metal ones coming this month. I’m waiting for them to drop.

HELL YEAH!!!! This is the type of info I was looking for as far as upgrades for my Big Rock!!! Thank you, @wricksta!!
Also, has anyone installed these HR Driveshafts in their Big Rock? I still have the stock ones in mine and they are starting to pop loose at the plastic CV joint.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...Steel-CVD-Drive-Shafts-ATF288RC-/382761510662

Run away! Run away!

They are garbage. Total trash. I bought them and they broke. Waste of money.

They didn’t fit my Typhon and many others have said they break easier than the stock plastic ones. Arrma actually has metal ones coming this month. I’m waiting for them to drop.
Thanks for the info. Will keep an eye out for when Arrma releases them.
Run away! Run away!

They are garbage. Total trash. I bought them and they broke. Waste of money.
Thanks for the heads-up. Will wait for the ones Arrma releases like jondilly1974 mentioned above.

Thanks for the great post @wricksta and to others contributing as well.

I am a new BRCC owner and I’m loving it but I want to change the wheels and widen the stance a bit like others have. My problem is that I can’t get MX28 wheels or Hot Racing 14>17mm adapters where I live.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I was pondering maybe buying granite wheels and seeing if I can find an extender for my 14mm hexes.

Thanks for the great post @wricksta and to others contributing as well.

I am a new BRCC owner and I’m loving it but I want to change the wheels and widen the stance a bit like others have. My problem is that I can’t get MX28 wheels or Hot Racing 14>17mm adapters where I live.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I was pondering maybe buying granite wheels and seeing if I can find an extender for my 14mm hexes.
Typhon 3s a-arms (stock or RPM ones) will widen it by about an inch. Then Duratrax makes some 2.8 wheels\tires with 14 mm hexes and they are wide offset.

Typhon 3s a-arms (stock or RPM ones) will widen it by about an inch. ...

Will longer A-Arms require changes to shocks and/or drive shafts? - Because then it starts to get into foreign territory for me! (Sorry for rookie questions!)

Will longer A-Arms require changes to shocks and/or drive shafts? - Because then it starts to get into foreign territory for me! (Sorry for rookie questions!)
You will be fine with the typhon a arms no changes are needed
Heres mine with the typhon a arms

Attachments

• received_2256225947830250.jpeg
    received_2256225947830250.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 129
  • received_357910968229899.jpeg
    received_357910968229899.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 133
  • received_2399091960328366.jpeg
    received_2399091960328366.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back