Big Rock Big Rock Crew Cab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same here now that tower has new owners. ive been buying more from Amain

I have two issues with Amain. 1. Of you back order something they charge you right away. Tower does not. And 2. Returning items is a hassle compared to Tower. You have to email them and get an RMA which you may or may not get. That said, I do order quite a bit from Amain. They are a great online resource for parts.

I have two issues with Amain. 1. Of you back order something they charge you right away. Tower does not. And 2. Returning items is a hassle compared to Tower. You have to email them and get an RMA which you may or may not get. That said, I do order quite a bit from Amain. They are a great online resource for parts.
I never had them charge me right away for back ordered items but, they do hold the entire order back and wait on the one back ordered item and ship the whole order together. I had it before where I ordered 4 items and item 1 was backordered but 2, 3 & 4 were in stock,, so they held the order up. Then item 2 went to backordered and two days later item 1 came back in stock and they still couldn't ship my order because all items were not available. That pissed me off. I was wondering why they didn't pull items 2, 3 & 4 for my order and hold them instead of leaving them as free stock for others to take.

Because of that Amain is on my list after Tower as Tower will ship partial orders, has better coupons for members for parts and is closer to where I live. Maybe this has all changed since Horizon took over Tower but I am not sure as I haven't ordered anything from there since like May.

They also hold the rest of your order until that one item comes back in stock.

20181115_134307.jpg
20181115_134349.jpg
20181115_134557.jpg
20181115_134648.jpg

Remember this truck comes with an EC5 connector. All my batteries are XT90. I'll be changing that plug out right away.
I ordered some ec5 to deans until I'm sure everything is solid on the truck. Then I'll change the esc connector. Mine has arrived but can't check it out until I get home from work.

Looks good! I just saw mine will arrive tommorrow. I'm glad i already have the Granite wheels , the Big Rock tires look a bit narrow right?

They do, but I'll reserve judgement until I try them.

I think I’m going to put the Granite tires on it.
Interesting. What made you decide to use the Granite tires? Do you not like the way the truck handles with the stock, more narrow tires?
I'm looking forward to unboxing tonight when I get home but can't run it until tomorrow night after the ec5 adapters arrive. Almost all of my packs are deans and a few xt-90 for bigger trucks.

Interesting. What made you decide to use the Granite tires? Do you not like the way the truck handles with the stock, more narrow tires?
I'm looking forward to unboxing tonight when I get home but can't run it until tomorrow night after the ec5 adapters arrive. Almost all of my packs are deans and a few xt-90 for bigger trucks.

I haven’t run it yet. It was snowing by the time I swapped in the new bearings, servo and receiver. I just think the stock tires are going to have traction issues. I will try them out but I have a spare set of the Granite tires and I like them on my Granite so they should be good on the Big Rock CC.

10-4. I do see the traction being a concern now that I've unboxed and checking things out.
Looking forward to this weekend big time because it's been wet and nasty weather here until today and still haven't run my Noto like I want to. I'll have the Noto and the Big Rock to check out off-road over the next couple days! I'm excited. lol. Feels like Christmas 40 years ago :love:

Would you point me in the right direction for bearings for the Big Rock? I would much appreciate it. or...., same setup as the Granite and Senton 3s?

Also can't wait to see what you and others here think of the new truck. Entirely different animal than the 1:8 I can see so far. Very light, lot's more plastic, but I trust Arrma strong.

Is the body the same size as the big rock body that was on the Nero platform?

10-4. I do see the traction being a concern now that I've unboxed and checking things out.
Looking forward to this weekend big time because it's been wet and nasty weather here until today and still haven't run my Noto like I want to. I'll have the Noto and the Big Rock to check out off-road over the next couple days! I'm excited. lol. Feels like Christmas 40 years ago :love:

Would you point me in the right direction for bearings for the Big Rock? I would much appreciate it. or...., same setup as the Granite and Senton 3s?

Also can't wait to see what you and others here think of the new truck. Entirely different animal than the 1:8 I can see so far. Very light, lot's more plastic, but I trust Arrma strong.

I use Fast Eddy's. Same exact bearings as the Granite and Senton. And yes - lots of plastic.....like the entire truck, lol. But very forgiving on bad landings ?

dammit. I want one now. just not enough room...one has to go haha.

I'll let you guys be the guinie pigs. let us now how they hold up over the weekend and if it's all good in the hood, I pull the trigger on one Monday ?

im hoping for a different body colors. the blue looks great but I want something that'd hide the rash a little better

20181117_133750.jpg

Well a quick first run in the snow and on some cold, dry asphalt. First impression is I think hate the stock tires. I couldn't get any grip on the asphalt and a wheelie was out of the question. I couldn't even lift the front tires. I also found the steering to be super sensitive. I actually had to change the expo on my controller. I was all over the road. I ended up taking it in and swapping tires halfway through. Grip was much better and I could actually get the front wheels off the ground. Battery was half done at that point. I had checked the slipper when I replaced all the bearings but I will go back and revisit. I was unable to jump it due to the slop on the ground. It did well running over my slush filled driveway. You can tell the longer wheelbase helps.

I may not be able to make a full assessment until spring. I need to run it in dirt. I really want to see if I can rotate it in the air. Gun to my head I think I won't like this as much as my Granite. Still a cool looking truck though :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back