Big Rock Big rock crewcab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taspl

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hey guys, new here. Just picked up an Arrma big rock, 3s
Within the 1st 15min of owning it, i have snapped the chassis, and a few other smaller parts.
How you may ask? A low speed, ( as the 3s battery died i lost steering, and it hit a wooden steak in the ground, at abouttt 5kmph.

Are these chassies just that weak?

Now my next issue, parts are on back order for 3 months, are they discontinued or just out of stock?

Is this even a truck that should have been sold as new?

I see people break chassis every now and then but it usually involves a hold my beer moment before hand. I've beat the snot out of my 3s Typhon for a year and still on the stock chassis.

These are made in China and because of the beer virus things are really slow coming out. Expect to see this same thing with other brands that have parts made in China :confused:

Ive seen the bashing vids of the truck, and thats why i got it,

but.. it hasnt even been jumped/bashed/cartwheeld yet lol. Just a little back and fourth on some slightly rough terrain.
Was lining it up to hit a hill ( on a dead/low voltage safety 3s batt) and as it fully died turned into a steak in the ground, went to get the truck and swap battery out to keep going, once body was off, realized chassie was broke, top diff cover, and an a arm

I have a traxxas slash 2wd on 3s, that takes 40f jumps and tumbles, no issue lllol this is BS lollolol

There isnt even a scratch or dent, on any of the plastics or body. Maybe i got a bad one out of the box.. but this 2 month wait for parts on a brand new truck is BS lol

Ive driven an RC truck into my leg, harder then it hit the steak that broke it.

If i had done it bashing or jumping it, id be content, but this is just mindblowing/confusing that it broke so easily/quickly. Literally, 15min of run time out od the box and now im a 2 .month wait on parts

That's crazy, my BR3S takes a beating. I've already done a ton of upgrades, but still running the original chassis. You should be able to get one from JRC. Looks like they're out of stock now. Keep checking, they update the site all the time. Send them an email and ask when they'll have one available.

Like, a 3f drop, probably puts more stress on it, then how hard it crashed when it broke lol

I do have terrible luck, so maybe it just hit the right way..

Steering servo was also half stuck when it came out the box, had no left turn till i turned the wheels by hand, and it clicked.

Get rid of that stock servo! You can find a decent upgrade on Amazon for under $20 or spend the cash on a Savox.
ANNIMOS 20KG Digital Servo High Torque Full Metal Gear Waterproof for RC Model DIY, DS3218MG,Control Angle 270°

How long should a 5000mah 50c 3s gens-ace-r-spam battery last in the truck?

Cause 10min doesn't seem right..

I don't have any gens-ace, but I would say at least 20 minutes. I'm running HRB and I get 20 or better!
Check the cells. Put it on a charger and see if its balanced.

Brand new battery, from the store when i bought the truck.

Purchased Friday
Got one 10 min run in
Charged battery

Saturday morning i bring battery back to store to have them test, tests good.
Come home
Put battery in truck
Drive it for a few, starts to dieing again, as im bringing it back to me, it fully dies and turns into the steak, and breaks things.

I have the same battery, my first 2 runs were disappointing with only 4 minutes.

My last 2 runs were 15-20 minutes but I ran on a smoother surface and I'd put in new rubber seal bearings (factory are utter garbage). Whilst doing the bearings I did re-grease the diff ring gear and pinion with my super duper fast grease that I put in my landyacht bearing so maybe all those things made a difference?

Call Horizon CS and warranty the parts. Take pics of damage and tell them what happened, 15 minutes on new truck.

Something don’t sound right. Should just cut off at low voltage, not loose control into something. Maybe check the ESC settings???

Something about this entire thing sounds like we aren't hearing the whole story. An rc chassis, diff top cover and a arm don't just up and break from bumping into a pole. It takes a quite a bit of force to break those kinds of things. So either 1 of 3 things happened, you were going a lot faster than what you said you were, it was cold as balls outside or and highly unlikely they were already broken from the factory. You are not the first person to try and make a claim that their box stock slash can fly 30 feet through the air on 3s and not break, please everyone and their mom knows the brushed Slash breaks things on nimh so just stop with that bs because we weren't born yesterday.

Good point! I got rid of that too. Got the FS-Gt5. Night and day!
Something about this entire thing sounds like we aren't hearing the whole story. An rc chassis, diff top cover and a arm don't just up and break from bumping into a pole. It takes a quite a bit of force to break those kinds of things. So either 1 of 3 things happened, you were going a lot faster than what you said you were, it was cold as balls outside or and highly unlikely they were already broken from the factory. You are not the first person to try and make a claim that their box stock slash can fly 30 feet through the air on 3s and not break, please everyone and their mom knows the brushed Slash breaks things on nimh so just stop with that bs because we weren't born yesterday.
Agreed! Who knows what happened. Buy some some parts and continue bashing. That’s how this thing works. It sucks that you are having these issues so early in the game, but I can tell you the BR3S is an awesome truck. I’m getting ready to upgrade mine to 4s. ?

Last edited:
Good point! I got rid of that too. Got the FS-Gt5. Night and day!

Agreed! Who knows what happened. Buy some some parts and continue bashing. That’s how this thing works. It sucks that you are having these issues so early in the game, but I can tell you the BR3S is an awesome truck. I’m getting ready to upgrade mine to 4s. ?
Chassis is out of stock everywhere, a few of the ebay chop shops had some this morning but they are gone now.

The truck cant go that fast, when its already in low voltage mode going slow, trying to turn around and then it dies.

I can see it being the cold, as it was just above freezing. But it was such a light impact. Buddy i was with also was mind blown.

Sorry, the slash has had 1 a arm replaced also After it was ran over by a honda civic.
Trust me, if i did drive it into sometjing hard enough to break things, id own it and this post wouldnt have been made lol.

So, maybe it was the cold and my terrible luck.

Last edited:
You can run over a Slash with a car and only break an A-arm? That's impressive!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back