Big Rock Diff info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tblazin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Talion
Hi gang,
building this truck for my son, and I'm doing it right before he does anything

so im removing all the diff brain servos/module/transmitter/receiver, and want to run diff oils but im not sure what will work good, F/C/R oils, and can I just remove diff brains no issues

if anyone wants message me, and the new esc. black Hobbyking I'm told...

ok the pins, I saw somewhere, and after 2 hours cant find so I'm asking here, todays my only day off, so I'm desperate to get it all ordered best I can, than I'm back to 6 days a week 14-16 hour days, hard labor...UGH..
So obviously I appreciate any responses , thanks

, does anyone know the sizes of the pins, that go on bottom of cup, I imagine its pin/washer/o-ring, thats a typical 1/8 buggy diff...id like to see what offering besides cutting drill bits, and if that doesn't work for some reason, what size drill bit <and recommendations for certain brand for strength>

I haven't done it yet but...

First couple posts show one way of sealing the holes in the diff cup. Wish someone Produced one without the holes to start.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/manne´s-nero-bash-build-thread.2269/

Thanks Dude!
I'm going to jb weld the holes. possibly try lactate some short 3mm grub screws, and jb weld over, leave a lil gap? running 200K WEIGHT OIL IN CENTER, AND 70 WEIGHT F/R I LIKE LOSI BUT COULDN'T FIND NUMBERS THAT HIGH
AND THE KYOSHO WAS LIKE 20 A BOTTLE
YEA OK!!!
ROM

I have team associated oils; they are not usually $20/bottle. I am going to do try 100/200/100w.

Justin

I have team associated oils; they are not usually $20/bottle. I am going to do try 100/200/100w.

Justin

I am running a big rock, are you meaning 100k 200k 100k, I order associated as well I have ordered, F 60k C 200K R 60K....I can always play with settings....my ceramics wont be here in time, my guy has to put a set together, so it will be 2 weeks, so im "treating" new stock bearings, there all soaking in a degreaser to remove grease, than they;; soak 3 days in pool of Acer Son oil....till ceramics come....

Yes sorry, 100k/200k/100k (front/center/rear) diff fluids.

Justin

I'ts fine, I mean I ordered the 60, and my ceramic bearing are two week out, my sponsor doesn't make kits for Arrma , but I'm opening there eyes to this market, this all started with buying my son a good strong truck, taking apart, fixing as many of the weak links up front, and he learns how to work on HIS truck as he does with. me...I'm NOT a fan of RTR, they cannot build to the level that I do, i have to check if the people that can vouch for me are on here, I left one speechless, tonight I JB welded all holes closed to run silicone, filled bottom tight, with paper towel , JB Weld drips right to end, but didn't enter inside diff, at , what 3-4mm at least, and I rounded them out very nice, I'm gonna try to post a quick pic, although I'm making a collection, as I've found sooo many things I haven't heard mentioned.

I just wanna get one thing straight I'm NOT here to PREACH, re write the book, just alot of you have helped me in a short time, why not spread some of my 20 year racing experience with some?

I know most don't want to race, but this is about having your model work the best for you, in the end, less running after cause it flipped as the big rocks suspension is not only hard, but ALL the arms had to be reamed as when I removed diffs, shock etc, they would stay up in the air NO GOOD, THATS BINDING, ALSO, I FOUND THE PILLOW BALLS WERE TIGHT, AT LEAST one, one each corner of the truck, this will just enhance your experience, when I make videos, I'm taking this to my track, and proving a lifted monster truck will and can run with the trudges, the geometry is ALL THERE, AKA TRAXXXAS, but its just built in china mass produced, with no pride in workmanship!!!

have to clean real good theres the supplies I used indoor, and compressor and other chems outside, do it once do it right!
IMG_3761.jpg
IMG_3749.jpg
IMG_3750.jpg
IMG_3758.jpg
IMG_3758.jpg
IMG_3759.jpg
IMG_3758.jpg
IMG_3752.jpg
IMG_3757.jpg
IMG_3756.jpg
IMG_3690.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg
sorry learning how to put up pics, and learning how to use this new 27" Apple iMac, totally DIFFERENT than the dell I had, so excuse,

what are your guys thoughts on these lipos,

I also have Venom 11.1 35c, thats what he will jump to, after he learns the truck with these awesome 2c lipos, well I like them, they charge awesome, insane numbers, having a Junsi Charger 4010 Duo, think I paid $400?? very powerful, and SMART charger!!!
jun-4010duo.jpg
Image-1.jpg
6_compact.jpg
sorry had to take pics off net for his 2c lipos, but there at my mothers with charger w/son till tomorrow, he's killing a traxxas ultimate...;p;

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back